25 After School Snack Recipes! From apple donuts to energy bites to mini pizza bites, I’ve got you covered! You’re sure to find some great after school snack ideas for your kids and teens here!
I’m a huge snacker. I try not to eat a lot in one sitting, even at meal time. I call it grazing . . maybe snacking sounds better?! Well, my kids are probably big snackers because of me. They see me snacking all the time. Rather than reach for that bag of chips, try one of my healthier snack options below.
I also have more substantial snacks for teens, or kids who play a lot of sports! Take a look at the list below and if you make anything, please let me know!
- Apple Donuts: I’m telling you. . an apple corer may be the BEST investment ever! Healthy donuts for kids!
- Green Goddess Avocado Dip: Enjoy this with raw or roasted veggies, pita bread, crackers and more! My kids love this!
- Zucchini Bites: Zucchini Pizza Bites!! Whip these babies up in under 15 minutes and enjoy! Photo above.
- Mini Pizza Bites: Bite sized pizza goodness!! Super EASY to make and you won’t have half eaten slices of pizza anymore leftover from your kids!
- One Bowl Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies: Packed with goodness from flaxseed, raw pepitas and pure pumpkin! So good and so easy to make! Perfect for fall!
6. Frozen Berry Yogurt Bites: yogurt, berries and granola. Freeze these in a mini muffin tray or regular sized one, up to you! (shown above)
9. Banana Oat Cookies: 6 ingredient cookies, so easy!
12. Texas Caviar: my kids absolutely love this! A quick and easy to make salad/dip of black-eyed peas lightly pickled in a vinaigrette-style dressing mixed with veggies! Eat with chips, crackers or pita bread!
13. Orange Spiced Cashews: These are freaking amazing! So much flavor! (as shown above)
15. Sesame Ginger Chex Mix This is seriously the BEST flavor combination I’ve come up with for Chex Mix if I do say so myself! Bold recipe: including the flavors of soy sauce, hoisin, sesame sticks, and ginger!!
18. Homemade Raspberry Pop Tarts! This recipe is from Kristine from DoughBaby Bakery. These take a little time but can be made a day in advance. . save these for a special occasion or if you want to bake with your child/children/teenager! These are definitely better than any pop tart you could buy from the grocery store!
More Satisfying Snacks for Teens!
19. Football Sandwiches!!! Your hungry teens will devour these! These are super easy to make and perfect for a quick snack! Ham and Cheese Football Sandwiches. Highly addictive and so easy to make! Slightly crispy and so flavorful on the outside, and warm, gooey and cheesy on the inside. You need to try these!
20. Skillet Nachos
22. Corn Dog Muffins
23. The BEST Blondies from America’s Test Kitchen
24. Levain Bakery Copycat Chocolate Chip Cookies Make a big batch and freeze the cookie dough balls you don’t bake! Then, you always have cookie dough balls to bake when you want them!