Summer Pasta Salad with a Dijon vinaigrette. So easy to make and delicious! Super versatile, use any short or small pasta, mix with the raw veggies of your choice and mix in the dressing and enjoy!
We are officially on summer break. I can hardly believe it. Normally, I love to entertain, grill and hang out with friends over the summer. We generally keep things fairly relaxed. I think that will be the case for most people this summer. I don’t know any camps that will be happening and a lot of us aren’t flying anywhere and staying close to home. As you may know, we are still in an apartment until our house is finished, which will be in November so we are here all summer long. We are very happy about that because of the pool and grilling area.
We may not be meeting up with friends as we usually do but we’ll still be enjoying family time out by the pool, visiting the beach and making our way to NJ to visit the boardwalk.
Summer Pasta Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette
I love a good pasta salad. I like mine light, with no mayonnaise and lots of raw, crunchy vegetables for texture and color. The only thing cooked here is the pasta. This pasta salad is very portable and can sit out all afternoon and be absolutely fine to eat, hours later. We absolutely love adding salami to this but you can leave it out if preferred. I completely forgot to add cherry tomatoes, and sometimes, when I know we are going to eat it right away, I will add avocado chunks.
Going to the pool, beach, on a road trip, or just need an easy delicious side dish or meal? This pasta salad is it!
I hope you enjoy!
Summer Pasta Salad with Dijon vinaigrette
For the dressing:
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard depending on how tangy you want the dressing
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup good quality olive oil extra virgin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
For the pasta salad:
- 1 lb. rotini pasta* cooked to al dente
- 1 cup cucumbers chopped or cubed
- 1 cup assortment bell peppers cubed
- 1/2 cup salami chopped
- 1/2 cup black olives sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 1/2 cup raw broccoli florets cut into smaller pieces
- 1/2 cup raw cauliflower florets cut into smaller pieces
- 1/2 cup carrots chopped
- fresh basil thinly shredded or chopped for garnish
- salt and pepper if desired
- For the dressing: Whisk together all of the ingredients and set aside.
- Place all of the pasta salad ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Pour the dressing over the top and mix together. Garnish with the fresh basil and season with a little salt and pepper if desired. Enjoy!