Grilled Veggie and Pesto Sandwich! One of my favorite things to do in the summer is grill veggies! I just made the most delicious Grilled Veggie and Spinach Pesto sandwich! It’s so good and full of flavor! My summer just got better! #ad
This is a sponsored post in partnership with Brownberry Bread.
If you know me, you know I love to grill vegetables in the summer. For us, meat never goes on the grill alone. We always throw on some zucchini, bell peppers, corn, asparagus, you name it! There’s something about the smokey flavor and seeing those grill marks!
Grilling is definitely a huge part of our summer. I just made this Grilled Veggie and Pesto Sandwich! Now, recently I posted a photo on Instagram and someone asked me for recommendations on what to use aside from basil for pesto. The possibilities are endless! Fresh spinach, arugula, radish tops, carrot tops, beet greens, kale . . in my mind, you can basically pulse up just about any green, add in some garlic, salt and pepper, pine nuts (walnuts, almonds etc) and parmesan and you’re set!
We absolutely love this Brownberry Oatnut bread! Grilling the bread just made it that much better. It was absolutely fantastic with my spinach and basil pesto and all the grilled veggies!
I loved this sandwich with a mix of fresh and grilled veggies! I added sprouts and fresh tomatoes! So good! I hope you give this sandwich a try soon! Enjoy!
- 2 to 3 cups packed fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic; whole or minced
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- ½ cup good quality extra-virgin olive oil + more if needed
- ¼ cup freshly grated (or chunks) of Parmesan
- Kosher salt, to taste
- crushed red pepper flakes if desired
- grilled Brownberry Oatnut bread
- grilled red bell peppers
- grilled zucchini
- grilled portobello mushrooms
- Combine the spinach, basil, garlic, and pine nuts in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. With the processor running, slowly pour the olive oil into the bowl through the feed tube and process until the pesto is thoroughly combined.
- Add the parmesan cheese and pulse until well combined. Season with salt and add the crushed red pepper flakes if using.
- To assemble: generously spread some pesto on the grilled Brownberry Oatnut bread. Top with the grilled veggies, tomato slices, sprouts and top with the other grilled bread slice. For more pesto flavor, spread pesto on both slices of bread. Enjoy!
For more recipes using pesto: click here