Super Simple Cucumber Tomato Salad! When you have fresh, quality ingredients, you don’t need to add much to whip up a delicious and fresh summer salad!
It’s finally warmer and sunny here in Wisconsin. I love it. It’s warm, lovely and there’s a skip in everyone’s step. I had a few hours off yesterday and enjoyed some tacos from El Grito (a local taco truck) outside yesterday.
The tulips are out at the Wisconsin State Capitol! I love seeing them out because you know it’s spring and summer is on the way!
Summer is one of my favorite seasons because of the produce! Zucchini, tomatoes, corn, berries and more! When you have fresh, quality ingredients, you really don’t need to add much to whip up a delicious and fresh summer salad!
Fresh, raw ingredients, mixed with a splash of apple cider vinegar, a good quality olive oil and some salt and pepper, that’s it!
Do you guys know about the health benefits of apple cider vinegar? Google it, do some research and read up on it! I do recommend Bragg Organic Apple Cider Vinegar, and the one with the “mother”. Again, google it, do some research and read up on it!
- Regulates Blood Sugar Levels
- Enhances Weight Loss
- Lowers Cholesterol
- Improves Skin Health
- Reduces Blood Pressure
- Relieves Symptoms of Acid Reflux
- Boosts Gut Health
Here’s to warm weather and fresh salads!
- 5 medium plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise, seeded (if preferred) and diced (or a variety of heirloom cherry tomatoes)
- 1 english cucumber, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced or diced
- A generous drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil, about 1 to 2 tablespoons
- 2 splashes apple cider vinegar
- Coarse salt and black pepper
- fresh dill
- Combine the tomatoes and cucumbers in a mixing bowl. Drizzle on the olive oil and apple cider vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle on some fresh dill.
- Let stand for about 15 to 20 minutes. Re-toss and serve salad and enjoy!