Summer Pasta with Corn! So delicious, super easy to make and bringing together some of your favorite summer vegetables! So good!
It’s almost June. My kids’ last day of school is June 10th. I can hardly believe it. I’ve been feeling all the feelings. These last few months have been trying, hard, tiring, scary, maddening, sad and exhausting, with bits of joy and hope.
My kids, and children everywhere, are entering summer and summer vacation. Summer will look very different this year for everyone. No summer camps, for those of us still social distancing, no play dates, no movies, no going out to eat, nothing.
Summer is one of my favorite seasons because of the produce. Summer fruits and vegetables. It’s something to live for. Berries, cherries, watermelon, tomatoes, corn, zucchini, peaches and more.
Recently, we went over to a friends’ house to privately swim at their pool. The girls swam by themselves, there was no interaction with my friends. They invited us over but stayed in the house; we are all still social distancing. I was kind of sad being there and thinking about everything that’s going on right now but then I looked at my kids and how happy they were to be swimming. That sadness and weirdness turned into thankfulness.
And now I want a pool at our new house.
Summer Pasta with Corn
We don’t have much to look forward to this summer, if I’m being honest, but we have food and summer produce. We have time to spend with our families. If you still have your job and are able to work, be thankful. If you are able to drive somewhere even for a few days, be thankful.
I’m finding joy just slicing into a watermelon. I’m finding joy cooking up some pasta, making popcorn for me and my kids to munch on and making fun desserts.
It’s not much but this is about all we have right now.
I got some beautiful heirloom tomatoes from the grocery store the other day. I haven’t picked up any corn yet but I did have a bag of frozen corn that I used for this recipe. I hope you make this and enjoy!
Summer Pasta with Corn
- 2 tablespoons olive oil extra virgin; split
- 16 oz frozen sweet corn defrosted
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 to 3 medium to large sized tomatoes heirloom, roma, beefsteak; cubed
- 1/2 lb. spaghetti* cooked
- 2 to 3 handfuls fresh spinach**
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed hot pepper flakes
- Heat a large sauté pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium high heat. After a minute or two, add the corn and let cook for a few minutes until the corn is browned. Add the butter and the garlic and let cook for another 2 minutes or so. Add the tomatoes, toss and let cook and heat through for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the cooked pasta into the pan and the spinach and drizzle the remaining tablespoon of olive oil over the top. Turn the heat down to medium and, using tongs, toss together the pasta with the corn mixture until the spinach is all wilted and softened. Toss together, season, to taste, with salt and pepper and crushed hot pepper flakes if desired. Serve and enjoy!