Fresh Summer Fruit Salad with Northwest Cherries!! The best way to enjoy a light and delicious salad this summer! Add some delicious and nutritious Northwest cherries!
Disclosure: This is a paid, sponsored post in partnership with Northwest Cherry Growers.
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Summer is my favorite season because of the delicious produce! I absolutely love cherries and can’t get enough of them when cherry season comes around.
These beautiful, delicious fresh and sweet Northwest cherries are a tasty summertime superfruit packed with nutrients to enhance your health!
Sweet Northwest cherries are filled with an abundance of health benefits and are in season now
through August. Some of the health benefits are:
Diabetes/Low Glycemic Index
● Cherries boast a lower glycemic index than almost any other fruit. They release glucose
slowly and evenly, so blood sugar levels stay steady longer.
● The polyphenols in cherries appear to help diminish hyperglycaemia, oxidative stress and
inflammatory markers that are predictors of diabetes mellitus.
● Cherry extracts reduce glucose blood levels and protect pancreatic beta-cells from oxidative
damage, enabling them to continue balanced production of insulin.
● Eating cherries significantly decreased C-reactive protein and nitrous oxide concentrations,
● Consuming cherries was found to decrease plasma concentrations of eight biomarkers
associated with inflammatory diseases (CRP, ferritin, IL-18, TNFα, IL-1Ra, ET-1, EN-RAGE
● Polyphenols in cherries may minimize or prevent inflammation and oxidative stress, which
may be risk factors for diseases like arthritis, diabetes, cancer and hypertension.
A cup of sweet cherries delivers about three grams of fiber, or about 12% of the daily value
from USDA Dietary Guidelines.
And so much more! Visit nwcherries.com/sweethealth to learn more.
More Recipes Using Northwest Cherries
Fresh Summer Fruit Salad with Northwest Cherries
I hope you try my Fresh Summer Fruit Salad! Sweet Northwest cherries are one of my favorite fruits to enjoy in the summer and aside from eating them straight from the bowl, I love adding them in a salad to get extra nutrients in my diet! Sweet cherries are not only tasty, but they are good for you and packed with antioxidants to enhance your health. Did you know sweet cherries boast a lower glycemic index than almost any other fruit? They release glucose slowly and evenly, so blood sugar levels stay steady longer.
And one more thing! Cherries may minimize or prevent inflammation and oxidative stress, which may be risk factors for diseases like arthritis, diabetes, cancer and hypertension. To learn more, visit nwcherries.com/sweethealth. Go pick up some sweet Northwest cherries today and make this salad! It’s sooooo good! You’ll be eating this salad all summer long.
Fresh Summer Fruit Salad using Northwest Cherries
- 1 (5 oz) spring lettuce mix
- 1 cup cucumbers sliced lengthwise and chopped
- 2 cups Sweet Northwest cherries pitted and halved
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
For the dressing:
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar + more if needed
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt + pepper to taste
- For the salad: Toss everything together in a large mixing bowl. Whisk together the salad dressing ingredients, taste and adjust as needed. Drizzle over the salad, toss together one more time. Serve and enjoy!