Avocado Banana Chia Bread. Packed with goodness and loaded with avocado, bananas, chia seeds, buckwheat groats, hemp seeds and more! Delicious with butter, or just by itself. You’ve got to try this!
Happy Friday you guys! My kids are out of school and we are officially on summer break! I’m not one to sleep in so knowing I’ll have the mornings to myself (because my kids do sleep in) just makes me happy.
Lately, my hand/wrist has been hurting because I am seriously addicted to Instagram and now, Snapchat (if you’re not following me there, you should be. . @hipfoodiemom1) Because this.
Joking aside, I love poking around and looking at celebrity feeds. . I think I was on Reese Witherspoon’s IG page, which led me to Sarah Michelle Gellar, which led me to Selma Blair’s page.
Selma Blair. Do you guys remember her? She’s probably best known for her movie roles in Cruel Intentions and Legally Blonde. Anyway, I was scrolling through her feed the other night. She has a beautiful son named Arthur. I couldn’t stop reading the beautiful captions and realizing how much she loves her son. It’s so beautiful you guys.
I had the pleasure of watching my friend’s kids the other day. . two boys. It was so fun watching them interact with my girls, playing chase and playing in the girls’ cafe and making food and helping my youngest to build tents, playing on our swing set, and just running around playing hide and seek outside.
Watching kids play often reminds me to just enjoy life and every minute we have.
Avocado Banana Chia Bread
It’s easy to get caught up in life, stress, work, things you have to do, things you think you have to do, things people are telling you you have to do .. I had so much work that I needed to do that day but I decided to just sit and watch my kids play.
And bake this bread.
I had some ripe bananas and an avocado so decided to go for it. The kids got excited when I told them I was baking banana bread. And then they saw me add in the avocado.
And this cereal. The kids don’t get as excited as I do when there’s chia seeds and hemp seeds involved. Go figure.
But I baked it and they tried it. And they LOVED it!
Jacob, one of the boys, suggested that we spread some butter on top of the slices I had cut for them. He was right. So good!
Make this bread. It’s delicious! It’s only subtly sweet and I absolutely loved the bits of banana and the chia and hemp seeds and everything else that came from the cereal that was in here.
I had posted Madeline’s graduation photos from 4k and a friend recently said “Take it from your friend who is visiting colleges right now. Don’t blink. Savor every minute because it all goes by too fast.”
Avocado Banana Chia Bread
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 1 ripe avocado
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup milk or unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs at room temp
- heaping 1/2 cup of Qi'a™ Superfood - Chia Buckwheat & Hemp Cereal*
- Preheat your oven to 350°. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl; stir with a whisk.
- Place bananas in a medium bowl and mash with a fork. I like to leave a little texture with the bananas; totally up to you.
- Place the avocado in your food processor and process until completely pureed. Transfer the avocado to the bowl with your mashed bananas. Add in the coconut sugar, milk, vanilla and eggs; stirring with a whisk until blended. Gradually add the flour mixture to the banana mixture; stirring until everything is incorporated. Add in the Chia, Buckwheat & Hemp Cereal and mix again, just a few times.
- Pour the batter into a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan, lined with parchment and coated with non-stick baking spray. Bake at 350° for about 1 hour and 5 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for about 15 minutes in pan on a wire rack; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Cooking Light. White Lily Wheat flour can be found here.
Disclosure: This is not a sponsored post! I just love and used these products!