Instant Pot Tomato Soup! Classic and delicious Tomato Soup made in a fraction of the time! Rich, creamy and oh so delicious using quality Tuttorosso Peeled Plum Tomatoes! We hope you try it!
Disclosure: This is a paid sponsorship in partnership with The Feedfeed and Tuttorosso Tomatoes. All opinions stated here are my own.
I’ve been thinking a lot about my daughters lately. How I’m raising them, how they see the world, how fast they are growing up and what lessons I’m ingraining into their brains. What will they remember? Asking myself if I do enough, if they are growing up the right way, who will they become as they grow older?
Raising children, activities at school, sports, being a pre-teen (being the mother of a pre-teen), fitting in, making sure my kids are running around with the right kids, work, our health, our relationships, it can all be a little overwhelming sometimes. Over the years, this is what keeps me grounded and sane: I have a family who I love, I set realistic goals for myself (even if the goals are just things I want to accomplish that day or week), I try my best always and if I mess up, tomorrow is a new day.
Soup To The Rescue
For me as a mother, the one thing I can do for my kids on a daily basis, in addition to talking to them and telling them I love them, is to cook for them. Nourishing their bodies, making sure I am feeding them well is something I really care about.
Now, I don’t cook every day. Some days, I pick up food or we order a pizza but most days I do try to cook something they love. And on those busier days where we have after school activities or we just don’t have a lot of time, I love to cook in my instant pot.
Instant Pot Tomato Soup
Soup is Phoebe’s favorite. She’s my oldest. Phoebe could eat soup every single day and be happy. And I’m ok with that.
We all love tomato soup. What makes this Instant Pot Tomato Soup incredible are the ingredients that I use. For this recipe, I love using Tuttorosso Peeled Plum Tomatoes. Tuttorosso doesn’t use anything artificial. They use steam to preserve their products and color sorters to make sure they are only providing rich, red tomatoes and they physically inspect each one for imperfections. Isn’t that incredible?
Every Tuttorosso can has their Steam Sealed Flavor-LocTM system to protect the fresh, delicious, vine-ripened flavor of their tomatoes. They provide sustainably produced tomatoes, NON-GMO ingredients and Non-BPA lined cans.
I really believe Tuttorosso Tomatoes provide quality that you can see and taste. Click here for their store locator so you can see where to buy Tuttorosso products in your area. And after you do, you must make this soup! Madeline and I love our Instant Pot Tomato Soup with a grilled cheese sandwich and Phoebe loves some thick, crusty baguette bread. We hope you try it! It’s so good!
Instant Pot Tomato Soup
- Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
- Potato masher
- Immersion blender
- 1 tablespoon olive oil extra virgin
- 1 small yellow onion diced (about 1 cup)
- 2 medium sized carrots diced (about 1 heaping cup)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 (28 oz) can Tuttorosso Peeled Plum Tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken stock*
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- Remove lid from Instant Pot and set to sauté setting. Set the timer to 5 minutes and let Instant Pot pre-heat. Once finished pre-heating, add the oil and the onions and carrots and let cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic, mix together for 30 seconds and pour in the entire can of Tuttorosso peeled plum tomatoes. (At this point, the saute function should be turned off, or automatically turned off itself but it's still really hot.) Using a potato masher, carefully smash the tomatoes until flat. Pour in the chicken stock, tomato paste, dried oregano, dried parsley, sugar and season with salt and pepper. Mix together, place the instant lid on, lock and secure the lid and cook on high pressure for 12 minutes. See notes below if you are unsure of how to do this.
- Once 12 minutes is finished, release the pressure manually. Remove the lid and make sure your instant pot is off. Using an immersion blender, place directly into the instant pot insert and blend the soup to your desired consistency. Be careful, the soup will be very hot. Blend, stir, and taste. Season with more salt and pepper if needed. Serve and enjoy! I especially love this soup with a grilled cheese sandwich!
Click here to see my grilled cheese recipes.