Weeknight Pasta with turkey and spinach! Quick and easy weeknight pasta made with Honeysuckle White Ground Turkey. So rich in flavor and delicious, you’re going to want to add this to your family’s dinner rotation!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Honeysuckle White.
Pasta to the rescue! If there’s one thing I know I can make and everyone will love it, it’s pasta! Spaghetti, penne, lasagna, angel hair, whatever is it, if a bowl of pasta hits the table, everyone in my family is happy.
I personally love orecchiette pasta and think that more people need to know about it! It’s the perfect shape and because they are like little “bowls”, they hold sauce and flavor and you get an amazing bite every time!
It’s the new year! How are those New Year’s Resolutions going? Did you make some goals with regards to meal planning or cooking more? I’ve said it before and I’m saying it again, this year, I plan to feed my family more turkey. It’s a great, healthy protein option and it’s delicious! I’m so happy to be partnering with Honeysuckle White once again with this amazing and easy, pasta recipe!
HONEYSUCKLE WHITE TURKEY
Honeysuckle White turkeys are raised with care by independent family farmers. There are no growth-promoting antibiotics, added hormones or steroids in their products and the taste is incredible. We’ve been cooking with Honeysuckle White Ground Turkey and we love it! Honeysuckle White offers a wide variety of products besides whole-bird turkeys! You can check out all of their other products here.
YOU CAN’T GO WRONG WITH THIS PASTA
The beautiful thing about pasta is how versatile it is. You can really use any type of pasta for this recipe. I love to add ground turkey meat and spinach, but you can certainly add kale or some other thicker leafy greens. I added some heat here, but you can certainly skip the crushed hot pepper flakes in here if your family doesn’t like it. We hope you try this recipe! Your family is going to love it!
WEEKNIGHT PASTA WITH TURKEY AND SPINACH
- 1/2 lb. orecchiette pasta or any short pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil extra virgin; split
- 1 lb. Honeysuckle White Ground Turkey Breast
- 1 small onion peeled and diced
- 8 oz. cremini mushrooms sliced
- 4 to 5 cups fresh spinach
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- kosher salt
- ground pepper freshly cracked
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- fresh parsley finely chopped
- Bring water to a boil and cook the pasta until al dente, for about 10 minutes or according to package directions. Drain the pasta, reserving about a 1/2 cup of the pasta water. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large high-sided skillet or Dutch oven over medium high heat. Add the ground turkey breast and cook for about 5 minutes, breaking up the turkey meat. Add the onions and mushrooms and cook, stirring often, for about 7 to 8 minutes.
- Add the spinach, garlic and cooked pasta into the saucepan and toss to combine and let the spinach wilt, for about 2 to 3 minutes. Pour in some of the reserved pasta water (start with just a 1/4 cup) if you need to loosen up the pasta. You may not need to add the pasta water. Season with salt, pepper, and the red pepper flakes if using. Serve immediately and garnish with the freshly grated Parmesan cheeses and the parsley. Enjoy!