Sweetgreen Miso Bowl. This recipe is my best stab at recreating this delicious warm salad bowl at home. Super flavorful and so delicious! You’ve got to try this! You will be drizzling this dressing over everything!
If you follow me on TikTok, you know I just tried the Miso Bowl from Sweetgreen. Sweetgreen is my favorite place to get food at the mall. Well, this and the Korean Fried Chicken from Bonchon.
I thought this was a new menu item but I believe it’s seasonal. Anyway, I tried it for the first time last week and fell in love. Now, keep in mind this is my own variation. I couldn’t find any red cabbage and I just used brown rice instead of wild rice because that’s what I had at home. The Sweetgreen Miso Bowl has: Blackened chicken, miso root vegetables, shredded cabbage, basil, roasted almonds, shredded kale, warm wild rice and the miso sesame ginger dressing. The dressing is what ties everything together in my opinion. I even just used plain, unseasoned boiled chicken breast, and with the miso sesame ginger dressing, it was magical.
I’ve been trying to eat more vegetables and protein and less bread. All the homemade bread making was starting to catch up with me! This salad is great because it’s healthy, nutritious and fills you up! I hope you try it! Let me know if you do!
Sweetgreen Miso Bowl
For the Miso Sesame Ginger Dressing:
- 1 tablespoon white miso
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce low sodium
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh ginger finely grated
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1/4 cup canola oil or other neutral flavored oil
For the salad:
- 4 cups shredded kale
- olive oil
- sesame oil
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast cubed
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup cooked wild or brown rice
- roasted parsnips and carrots see notes below
- roasted almonds roughly chopped
- fresh basil optional
- For the Miso Sesame Ginger Dressing: whisk together all of the ingredients in a small bowl. Taste and adjust any ingredients as needed. Alternatively, you can place all of the ingredients into a jar with a lid and shake until well combined.
- Massage your kale: lightly drizzle some olive oil and sesame oil over the kale and massage gently with your hands for a few minutes.
- Assemble the bowls: Place the kale into your salad bowl. Top with the cooked chicken, raw shredded red cabbage, cooked rice, roasted parsnips and carrots and the roasted almonds. Repeat steps for second bowl. Garnish with some basil if desired. Pour on the dressing, mix together and enjoy!