Chicken Piccata made with Land O Lakes® Butter with Canola Oil! The perfect lemon chicken recipe for a weeknight dinner, or for Mother’s Day. Your family will love this!
Disclosure: This recipe and post is sponsored by Land O’Lakes.
We’re All In This Together
The past several weeks has been difficult for us all. As a nation, we have been in our homes, some working on the front lines, in hospitals and in grocery stores. Many people in our healthcare systems have been working non-stop. It’s been both difficult and uplifting to see everything happening around us. I am choosing to focus on the positive, on the uplifting.
I’ve heard stories from families that have been able to re-connect and bond. Some of us have used this time to realize what’s important and what matters.
I have been cooking and baking non-stop. We’ve had a ton of family movie nights and game nights. I go for walks and bike rides with my kids every day. The other day I was filled with so much emotion as I was watching my girls so happy just riding their bikes in an empty church parking lot. They were so happy because this is the one part of the day where they can get out of our apartment and breathe in fresh air and just be kids.
This past month for me, after I took a week to be depressed and sad, has been good. I’ve been cooking, testing recipes, writing, shooting quick videos on my phone, editing, taking photos and just doing anything possible to keep my creative juices flowing. I am so grateful that I have been able to keep working and cooking and writing for you all. And, I am feeding my family and they have been eating well.
Make This Recipe
Today, I am sharing a recipe that we make all the time. This Chicken Piccata recipe is one of our favorites. I love that you can serve this lemon chicken recipe with just about anything! Over or with pasta, rice or just some steamed or roasted vegetables. If you have eager kitchen helpers who want to assist, have someone help you with the flouring process.
Once your chicken is prepped and ready to go, I reach for my Land O Lakes® Butter with Canola Oil! You guys should know my love for this product by now. It is our favorite and I can literally use it for everything! I love using it because it’s made with only three ingredients: sweet cream, canola oil and salt. I hope you try this recipe! It really is so easy to make and it’s delicious!
I plan on giving this recipe to my husband and girls so they can make this for me on Mother’s Day. Chicken Piccata, great for a weeknight dinner, but also fancy and a delicious recipe idea for Mother’s Day!
Our wish for everyone right now is that we all hang in there! Be grateful for the people around you and please stay positive!
Other Recipes You Might Enjoy
Try my other recipes using Land O Lakes® Butter with Canola Oil : herb compound butter, my skillet lasagna, macaroni and cheese, or try my chocolate cake! So good!
- 2 to 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves*
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese grated + more if desired
- 2 tablespoons olive oil extra virgin
- 6 to 8 tablespoons unsalted butter split
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 jar (3 fl. oz.) or ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon nonpareil capers**
- chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- lemon slices optional
- Pat the chicken dry with some paper towels. Slice each chicken breast in half, lengthwise. If needed, place the chicken between two pieces of plastic wrap or parchment paper and pound them with a meat hammer to a 1/4-inch thickness.
- Using a shallow dish: Mix together the flour, salt, pepper and grated Parmesan cheese. Dredge each piece of chicken in the flour mixture until well coated on each side.
- Using a pan or skillet: Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of the chicken pieces, being careful not to crowd the pan. Brown well, for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Remove to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm. Wipe out your pan if you need to and repeat the same process with the other chicken breasts until they are all cooked. Do not wipeout the pan after the last batch.
- Pour the chicken stock, lemon juice and capers** into the pan and scrape up the browned bits. Reduce the sauce by half. Whisk in the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter. Plate the chicken and serve with the sauce poured over the chicken. Alternatively, you can place the chicken directly back into your pan and baste with the sauce. Garnish with parsley and the lemon slices and serve and enjoy! I like to lightly squeeze some lemon juice over the chicken before serving; this is optional.