Ground beef stroganoff is an easy one-pot dinner meal that is one of my favorite go-to dinner ideas when I am wondering what to make for dinner. This easy dinner recipe comes together quickly and makes a perfect, kid-friendly weeknight meal. It freezes well, so leftovers are never a problem!
Ground Beef Stroganoff Recipe Video
The complete printable easy dinner recipe for my ground beef stroganoff is at the bottom of this post. In the meantime, watch this video to see just how easy this one-pot dinner is to make!
For the last two weekends in a row, I’ve been traveling. So, this past weekend, it was so great to just be home with my family, relax and feast on a classic one-pot dinner, ground beef stroganoff. Well, relaxing takes on a different meaning with kids (I think). Especially on the weekends, when there are errands to run and ballet make-up classes to attend.
We all went with my youngest to her ballet class on Saturday and ended up staying out all afternoon. We went shopping and Sur La Table was having a sidewalk sale. This is how they lure me in. There are always a few items out on the sidewalk to get my attention. Inevitably, I spend way too much in that store. My rationale: my kitchen was just renovated and needs some new accessories. I’ll have a video and before and after photos of my kitchen coming soon!
We stopped into ALDI to pick up Easter treats, took my oldest to her tutoring class, picked up groceries and stopped into PetSmart. We don’t have a pet, but my girls want a puppy so badly. So, we stop in from time to time, especially when they have puppies or kittens there from the humane society. Anyone with young kids and pets, please chime in. Should I just bite the bullet and do it? I’m holding back because my house is already a mess and I know it would be messier. Dog hair everywhere that I will have to clean up.
How long to make one-pot beef stroganoff?
I love this delicious ground beef stroganoff recipe so much when I can’t decide what to make for dinner! You literally cook everything in one pan and you can have dinner on the table in about 30 minutes. And, my kids eat all of their dinner! Like, everything. My oldest usually doesn’t like creamy pasta or mushrooms but she loves this scrumptious, creamy beef stroganoff because of the sour cream. Better yet, when I cook this dinner idea, both of my kids ask for seconds!
In the past month, there’s been:
- A huge kitchen renovation
- Cooking (heating up) more convenient meals
- Eating out way more than we usually do
Now that the renovation is complete, I am happy to be home, able to cook dinner again. On the stove. Plus, unwind. Do you feel at peace when cooking? The kitchen is definitely my happy place.
Enter, this delicious Ground Beef Stroganoff.
Quick, easy and delicious, this one pot recipe makes the perfect weeknight meal. Even better, your family will ask for seconds!
I’m a happy momma! You need to make this easy beef stroganoff recipe now! Your family will love this delicious one pot dinner!
Other Easy One-Pot Dinner Recipes
If you love this one-pot beef stroganoff recipe, you might enjoy these easy one pot meals as well:
Easy One Pot Ground Beef Stroganoff
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 16 oz. cremini mushrooms sliced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lb. of lean ground beef
- 2 to 3 hefty teaspoons smoked paprika + more if needed
- 4 cups beef stock
- 8 oz. egg noodles uncooked
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch slurry * see notes for instructions, if needed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- fresh parsley finely diced for garnish
- Using a large pot or large sauté pan, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Add in the onions and garlic. Cook until the onions are translucent.
- Add the ground beef and cook until all browned. Stir in the smoked paprika. Add in the beef stock and uncooked egg noodles. Stir together and cover with lid.
- Let simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes. Mix together once halfway through, mixing and incorporating all of the egg noodles. Lower the heat, mix in the cornstarch slurry if needed and stir until thickened. Add in the sour cream and mix together until incorporated. Taste and season generously with more salt and pepper. Garnish with parsley, serve and enjoy!
adapted from Buzzfeed.com
Search Recipe Index