Twice Baked Potatoes! I am kicking off sides season with my Twice baked potatoes! Cheesy and so delicious! The addition of my Campbell’s® Condensed Cheddar Cheese Soup takes this side dish up a notch! We hope you try it!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post in partnership with Campbells.
I can hardly believe it but it’s November 1st?! Where on earth did this year go? The holidays are literally right around the corner and we are gearing up to host my entire family for Thanksgiving! We are beyond excited.
My family and I take Thanksgiving very seriously. It’s an all day eating and spending time together extravaganza. And I don’t know about you, but I’m all about the sides. I’m happy with a moist, juicy turkey but I need some delicious sides to go with it. I mean, the turkey and ham aren’t complete without some fabulous side dishes. Am I right?!
And over the holiday season, I want dishes that are delicious but no fuss and easy to make! Because I’m in the kitchen for a good part of the day and want a variety of side dishes, they all can’t be crazy intricate.
Twice Baked Potatoes
Enter my Twice Baked Potatoes! The star of this recipe and what makes this dish so special is the Campbell’s® Condensed Cheddar Cheese Soup! You can find the soup at Walmart! Campbells makes creating side dishes so easy and delicious! My daughter Phoebe loves potatoes and we usually have at least 2 to 3 different potato dishes. She absolutely loved this one. I hope you give this recipe a try! This side dish is sure to please any potato and cheddar lover.
“Campbell’s® Condensed Cheddar Cheese Soup makes winning over the family easy. Our crowd-pleasing, velvety soup bursts with rich cheesy flavor. We predict the whole family won’t be able to resist our creamy, hearty bowls. Get creative in the kitchen and use it to amp up a recipe that’s in desperate need of cheese! Baked Mac & Cheese, Chicken & Cheese Enchiladas, Cheesy Cornbread and more, we’re just getting started. For more recipe ideas the whole family will love, check out Campbells.com’s Recipe Page.” Now let’s see what your favorite holiday side dish is!! Tell me in a comment below!
Twice Baked Potatoes
- 4 lbs. medium sized Russet potatoes scrubbed and pat dry with towel
- 1/2 lb. bacon
- 1 stick unsalted butter melted
- 1 (10.5 oz.) can Campbell’s® Condensed Cheddar Cheese Soup
- 1 cup milk any kind
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup + 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ to 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 4 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 oz. combination mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese
- chives or green onions diced for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Prick each potato with a fork a few times all over and place on a lined sheet tray. Bake in the oven for about 55 to 60 minutes. Line another baking sheet with foil and place in an oven safe baking tray (if you have one) and place the bacon slices on top. During the last 15 to 20 minutes, place the bacon into the oven.
- Remove the bacon and the potatoes from the oven and lower the oven temperature to 375 degrees. Using a knife, scissors or your fingers, rip or chop up the bacon into bite sized pieces. Set aside.
- Using a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together the melted butter, Campbell’s® Condensed Cheddar Cheese Soup, milk, Worcestershire sauce, sour cream and the salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place the baked/cooked potatoes into a large mixing bowl, and use a potato masher to mash the potatoes. I like to leave the potatoes in bigger, chunkier pieces but you can mash to the texture you want. (I also like to leave in all the potato skins but if you are not a fan, at this point you can carefully remove some of the potato skins). Pour the butter and soup mixture over the potatoes and mix or mash together. Fold in half of the bacon bits, the shredded cheddar cheese and half of the chives or green onions.
- Transfer everything into a 3.75 quart baking dish, cover and bake in your (375 degrees) oven for about 35 to 40 minutes.Remove from oven, sprinkle evenly over the top with the remaining bacon bits and the mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese combination. Bake again for 15 to 20 minutes, remove from the oven and let cool for about 5 minutes. Garnish with the remaining chives or green onions and serve!