Jennifer Aniston Salad! This is the salad Jennifer made and ate on the set of Friends for 10 years! Bulgur, cucumbers, chickpeas, mint, parsley and more, I see how she ate this salad for 10 years. It’s so good!
See my variations below.
Apparently, in an interview Courtney Cox shared a salad that Jennifer Aniston would make for her and Lisa Kudrow on the set of Friends for lunch. I don’t know if they all ate the salad for 10 years but Jennifer did and I believe it. I had heard of this salad, or a salad that Jennifer ate for 10 years but thought it was a cobb salad.
“It was a Cobb salad that Jennifer doctored up with turkey bacon and garbanzo beans and I don’t know what,’ she shared. ‘She just has a way with food, which really helps. Because if you’re going to eat the same salad every day for 10 years, it’d better be a good salad, right?”
Read more here.
Jennifer Aniston Salad
It’s hard to believe that she ate this salad for 10 years without changing things up. I would imagine that she did. Here are my variations or ways I think you can change things up!
- Bulgar, quinoa or brown rice, or even farro
- I added cherry tomatoes and I think a diced red bell pepper would also be lovely in this
- red onion. Pickled red onion would also be lovely
- Jennifer added roasted and salted pistachios. I used walnuts and I think pecans, almonds, pine nuts or even sunflower seeds would work.
- chickpeas (for protein). I think grilled chicken or even a diced up hard boiled egg would be delicious.
- lemon juice
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- feta cheese. If you’re not into feta, I would add diced avocado.
Jennifer Aniston Salad
- 2 to 3 cups cooked quinoa, bulgur or brown rice
- 1 cup cucumber diced
- 1/2 cup parsley chopped
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup fresh mint chopped
- 1/3 cup red onion diced
- 1/3 cup cherry tomatoes* sliced in half
- 1/2 cup pistachios, walnuts, pine nuts or almonds chopped
- 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 2 lemons about 5 to 6 tablespoons, or to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil extra virgin
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta**
- Using a large mixing bowl, mix together and combine all of the ingredients. Taste and adjust anything as needed. Enjoy immediately or place in the fridge to chill and allow the flavors to meld together. I would make ahead and refrigerate only 1 to 2 hours before serving.***
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge. Enjoy within a day or two.