Super Bowl Charcuterie Board!! Having friends over to watch the big game? You need food! Build a charcuterie board for Super Bowl Sunday! What would you put on your board?
The Super Bowl, the Oscars, the Grammy’s. . anytime there’s something big on TV, and we’re having friends over, I will put out a cheese and charcuterie board. Because it’s the Super Bowl and football related, I racked my brain trying to come up with something football themed.
Cheese in the shape of a football, or making the board will like a football field. . but then I realized, that’s not me. As long as I put out food that people will eat and enjoy, I’m good.
Because it’s football, I did change it up. I used little dishes filled with olives, Marcona almonds, cornichons, sweety drop peppers and caramelized pecans to split the board in two. Half of the board is a cheese and charcuterie board with fruit. Two words: Blood Oranges. If you can find blood oranges (check Trader Joe’s) where you live, pick some up!
And I dedicated the other side to ingredients to make roast beef slider sandwiches! And chips. . because . . uh, it’s the Super Bowl. Not pictured, a bowl of Doritos, BBQ Ruffles and Cheetos. Oh, and tortilla chips and guacamole and salsa . . because, again SUPER BOWL.
I hope this board provides some inspiration for next Sunday! and truth be told, I’m more excited about J Lo’s halftime show.
Super Bowl Charcuterie Board
- Cheese You'll want an assortment of at least 3 different cheeses of various textures and flavors and/or colors. I love cheddar, gouda, havarti and colby jack and small mozzarella cheese balls
- Meats/Charcuterie Select a few dried meats that compliment your cheese flavors, such as Salami, Proscuitto and Soppressata
- Fruit Fresh, use whatever's in season!
- Crackers Include a variety of crackers with different textures that compliment your cheese and charcuterie flavor profiles; and/or sliced baguette or other crusty bread.
- Nuts & Almonds Choose a few types of nuts that offer both complimenting and contrasting flavors, like candied pecans and spicy almonds, or salty Marcona almonds
- Pickled elements/ sweet & sour Cornichons, pickles and sweety drop peppers add great sour notes for balancing the sweetness and saltiness of your other cheese board items.
- Olives black and green; I love a variety of olives . Castelvetrano olives are a must!
- Slider buns Dinner rolls or King's Hawaiian rolls
- Deli meats roast beef, ham, turkey, whatever you prefer!
- Greens lettuce or fresh spinach
- Condiments mayonnaise, mustard
- Slice the cheese and get everything prepped and opened
- Assemble everything on your board or platter. I recommend using a lovely board or platter made of wood or slate, or other eye-catching and food-safe material, for presenting your perfect cheese board to your guests.
- Have condiments, plates, napkins and little tongs or forks next to the board so people can pick and choose what they want. Enjoy!