Zucchini Pizza Bites!! A fantastic low-carb option to pizza bites! Whip these babies up in under 15 minutes and enjoy!
The Super Bowl is this Sunday. . will you be watching????
My husband is a huge Peyton Manning fan so we are cheering for the Denver Broncos all the way! As much as I love watching the game, the commercials and the halftime show, I’m all about the FOOD.
These Zucchini Pizza Bites are nothing new. . they’re all over the internet .. and they are a fabulous low carb option if you’re watching your carb in-take. Personally, I love these . . maybe more than pizza! I love that they are bite-sized and you can eat a few and still get your pizza fill!
Yesterday, I shot my segment for WISC-TV, for my Super Bowl game day eats. . and yes, at the end, I quickly mentioned these Zucchini Pizza Bites. I also shared my Football Sandwiches and my Mini Pizza Bites. Totally not low-carb but absolutely delicious!
We also had a special guest! My daughter Madeline. One of the perks of going to school in the afternoon? Mornings at home with me! And yes, this is my kitchen! Soon to be renovated!
For you folks in Madison, this segment will air on Friday at 4pm. . not sure on the exact time. . but I will also send out the link when I have it!
I’ll be back Friday with more game day eats . . until then, you don’t even have to wait for Sunday to try these Zucchini Pizza Bites! Go for it!
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 zucchini, cut into ¼-inch thick rounds
- Kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- marinara sauce
- pepperoni (optional)
- shredded mozzarella or provolone cheese
- fresh parsley
- Preheat your oven to broil (500 degrees).
- Using a large skillet over medium high heat, heat the olive oil. Working in batches, add zucchini and cook for about 1-2 minutes on each side, or until nicely golden brown. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place zucchini rounds onto a lined baking sheet. Top each one with the marinara sauce, a single pepperoni (if desired) and the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Place into oven and cook until the cheese has melted, only for about 1-2 minutes! Remove from the oven. Garnish with fresh parsley and enjoy!
Adapted from Damn Delicious.