Healthy Breakfast Smoothies! Start off your day right with a refreshing, delicious, quick and easy smoothie!
You guys! It’s February 1st! I just finished my 30 days of green smoothies! There were a few days where I missed making my daily smoothie (I went on a press trip last week) but other than that, I was pretty darn committed!
Seeing these beauties on a daily basis was the best part!
And even though the 30 days is over, I’m going to keep making my smoothies .. because we are hooked. My whole family is. Even the husband. Which is huge.
We made this video a couple of weeks ago but I wanted to share it today! If you haven’t jumped on that green smoothie train, I’m hoping this video inspires you to give one a try!
I also experimented with different flavors. .
Don’t like leafy greens? Try this Carrot Pineapple Smoothie!
Or, if you’re feeling really adventurous, try my Red Cabbage Smoothie! Isn’t the color gorgeous?
This was seriously created because I had leftover red cabbage and I just wanted to try it. I thought it was delicious! Red cabbage has tons of fiber and vitamins C and K and more!
I hope you give these smoothies a try!
- 2 medium sized carrots, peeled and chopped
- ¾ cup orange juice + ¼ cup more if too thick
- ¾ cup frozen pineapple chunks
- ½ cup frozen banana chunks
- 1 cup red cabbage, shredded or cut into chunks
- ½ cup almond milk*
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup frozen bananas
- 1 cup frozen berries, assortment
- 2 apple slices
- 1 tablespoon almond butter (optional)
- Place all of the ingredients into your blender (the carrots and orange juice go in first and frozen fruit on top) and blend until smooth. Pour into glasses and enjoy!
- Place all of the ingredients into your blender (with the red cabbage and liquid at the bottom of the blender) and blend until smooth. Pour into glasses and enjoy!