25 Recipes Using Zucchini! Zucchini is in season and plentiful! Here are 25 of my most favorite recipes using zucchini! and yes, you can bake with it too!
Do you cook using in-season produce? If you don’t, I would strongly suggest you do. It’s when the produce tastes and best and you can buy it at a more affordable price. Check out this fabulous website that tells you what’s in season when, based on where you live!
What to Look for when buying Zucchini
- Zucchini comes in different colors, including dark and light green and yellow. Whatever the color, select vibrantly colored squash with shiny, unblemished skin.
- Larger zucchini can be watery or bitter, so it’s better to look for small to medium sized ones that are no more than 8 inches long. I will purchase the larger zucchini when making zucchini boats!
- Make sure zucchini is firm, especially near the stems. You don’t want a mushy zucchini.
How To Store Zucchini
How to store: Zucchini should be kept in the vegetable drawer of the refrigerator and will last for 3-5 days. Avoid storing zucchini in plastic, which can trap moisture and make the skin slimy. Either leave zucchini loose or place it in a paper bag.
More tips: Zucchini skin can be sticky or slimy, so be sure to thoroughly wash it before using. With a few exceptions (stuffing and baking zucchini halves, for example), cut the stem off zucchini and trim about ¼ inch off the opposite end. For more information, click here.
25 Recipes Using Zucchini
- Zucchini Watermelon and Feta Salad: Perfect for the summer!
- Zucchini Waffles
- Chicken Ramen with Zucchini Noodles
- Zucchini Fritters with Avocado Crema
- Zucchini Pizza Crust! So good!
- Roasted Zucchini and Eggplant Lasagna: for the veggie lovers out there!
- Skillet Stuffed Shells with Zucchini and Mushrooms
- Best Zucchini Banana Bread!
- Zucchini Carrot Muffins! So good and not to be missed! Great for back-to-school; whether you are in-school or virtual!
- Quinoa Stuffed Zucchini Boats: so fun and delicious!
- Zucchini Pesto Pizza
- Blueberry Zucchini Muffins
- Zucchini Hazelnut Chocolate Chip Cake: if you’ve never baked with zucchini, this is the first recipe to try! I love this one!
- Zucchini Pizza Bites: My kids love this one!
- Zucchini and Mushroom Stuffed Pasta Shells
- Gluten-free Zucchini Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Apple Spinach and Zucchini Salad
- Italian Zucchini Pasta Salad
- Zucchini Noodles with Puttanesca Sauce
- Zucchini Ricotta Gnocchi with Sage Brown Butter Sauce
- Zucchini and Yellow Summer Squash Crostini
- Zucchini Noodles with Meatballs
- Veggie Salad Trio with Zucchini Noodles and Pesto
- Baked Shells with Cauliflower Zucchini and Taleggio Cheese
- Shaved Zucchini with Ricotta and Walnuts: this is the perfect light salad for summer
Zucchini Pizza Crust! So good!