Zucchini Fritters with Avocado Crema!! It’s all about brunch with a healthy twist! Savory and delicious Zucchini Fritters topped with a creamy and fresh homemade avocado crema!
This recipe and post is sponsored by GoodCook.
Brunch is one of my favorite meals, especially on the weekends! Whether we go out or stay in and cook, I always enjoy something savory and delicious! People ask me all the time how much time I spend cooking and whether or not I like to take the weekends off. As a blogger and mother, you can probably guess that I spend a lot of time in the kitchen. As long as I have the right tools to help me, I don’t mind cooking at all. In fact, I love it!
Today, I wanted to share a favorite recipe of mine, but with a healthy twist! My Zucchini Fritters with Avocado Crema!
The key to these fritters is grating the zucchini by hand and then squeezing out all of the water content; this helps give us a super tasty zucchini fritter. I love to use my GoodCook Box Grater. I love this box grater because it has a nonskid base. It also comes with a 1 cup lidded container nest that can hold whatever you are grating for easier use and storage!
Today, I’m also using my GoodCook 13.5” sauté pan! I love how large this pan is! It’s the perfect size for one pan meals so I use this all the time! It also has a convenient helper handle for easy transfer and a lovely nonstick interior! These tools from GoodCook help make life for me in the kitchen so much easier and more enjoyable! And the best part? GoodCook products are not only great and easy to use but they are also reasonably priced!
I’m partnering with GoodCook to giveaway these products to two lucky people so be sure to enter the giveaway below!
And you simply must make these Zucchini Fritters with my homemade Avocado Crema! Watch the video to see how I make them! I hope you enjoy!
Today, I am teaming up with GoodCook and we will be giving away TWO sets of the following: (1) box grater and (1) sauté pan (as featured in the video). Two people will win! To enter: simply leave a comment below. Giveaway ends on Monday, May 27th. The winner will be announced on Instagram on May 28th. Open to residents within the United States only.
- 2 medium zucchini (2 to 2 ½ cups shredded)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons coarse or kosher salt (split) plus extra to taste
- 2 scallions split lengthwise and sliced thin, plus more for garnish
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil or another oil of your choice for frying
- 2 medium avocados cut in half lengthwise, peel and pit removed
- 1 cup fresh cilantro coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons lime juice freshly squeezed (about 2 medium limes)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
For the Fritters
- Trim ends off zucchini and grate them on the large holes of your box grater.
- In a large bowl, toss zucchini with 1 teaspoon coarse salt and set aside for 10 minutes. Wring out the zucchini by wrapping it up in a clean dishtowel, piece of cheese cloth or with your hands.
- Place zucchini into a large mixing bowl and season with 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Stir in the scallions, eggs and the freshly ground black pepper. In separate bowl, stir together the flour and baking powder, then stir the mixture into the zucchini batter. Mix together to combine.
- In a sauté pan, heat 2 tablespoons of oil over medium-high heat until shimmering. Drop small scoops of the zucchini mixture batter into the skillet only a few at a time so they don’t become crowded. Cook the fritters until the edges underneath are golden, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Flip the fritters and fry them on the other side until browned underneath again, about 2 to 3 minutes more. Repeat with the remaining zucchini fritter batter.
For the Avocado Crema
- Place all of the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a blade attachment, or mini chopper, and process until smooth, stopping and scraping down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed.
- Garnish the fritters with the avocado crema and with some freshly diced scallions, enjoy!