Crispy Waffle Nacho Fries using Grown In Idaho™ Super Crispy Waffle Fries!! Super crispy and delicious and so easy to make in the air fryer or in the oven. They are made from 100% real Idaho® Potatoes! Once you try these, you won’t want to buy anything else!
Disclosure: This is a paid post. All opinions are 100% my own.
There’s something about a super crispy, crunchy and delicious plate of fries. I mean, they are just so delicious and versatile. I could eat them with just salt and ketchup, or jazz them up with lots of toppings like I did above. I love these Crispy Waffle Nacho Fries because it’s everything you love about nachos, the fresh toppings and the cheese, but over waffle fries!!! Could this get any better?!
As a kid, my love for fries started at an early age. I mean, who doesn’t love potatoes, right?! Now, as an adult and parent, I love that I can buy delicious frozen fries and simply pop them into the air fryer or oven. What’s your preferred way to cook these?
I love using Grown In Idaho™ Super Crispy Waffle Fries!! I love how super crispy and delicious they are and they are so easy to make in the air fryer or in the oven; as shown below. They are made from 100% real Idaho® Potatoes so you know they are delicious! Click here to find a store near you!
Crispy Waffle Nacho Fries
- Air Fryer
For the Crispy Waffle Nacho Fries:
- 1/2 bag Grown In Idaho™ Super Crispy Waffle Fries
- Cooked ground beef seasoned with your favorite taco seasoning
- Nacho cheese sauce see below
- tomato diced
- green bell peppers diced
- green onions diced
- sour cream
- fresh salsa
For the homemade nacho cheese sauce:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 8 oz. block sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper or chili powder or to taste
For the waffle fries:
- AIR FRYER METHOD: Preheat air fryer to 360 °F. Fill air fryer no more than half full of frozen waffle fries. Air fry for about 12 to 13 minutes; you can air fry for longer if you want them extra crispy. If your air fryer has a basket: Slide out basket, shake halfway through cooking time. If your air fryer has trays, rotate trays halfway through cooking time.
- OVEN METHOD: Preheat Oven to 425 °F. Full Bag: 22-26 Minutes. Half Bag: 18-20 Minutes. Arrange frozen waffle potatoes in a single layer on a 11” x 17” baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake according to instructions to desired color and crispiness, stirring halfway through cooking time.
For the homemade cheese sauce:
- Using a small to medium sized saucepan over medium low heat, melt the butter. Once the butter is almost completely melted, add the flour and whisk together until the flour has completely absorbed all the butter and it forms a paste like, smooth consistency, slightly thickened and small bubbles begin forming.
- Turn the heat up slightly to medium and slowly pour in the milk while whisking to incorporate. Continue whisking until the mixture has thickened and it is thick enough to coat a spoon.Turn off the heat and slowly add in the freshly grated cheese, a little at at time. Stir until completely melted into the sauce.
- Add in the salt and the cayenne pepper and mix together. Taste and adjust anything as needed.If the cheese sauce seems too thick, you can add a splash or two of milk and whisk again to incorporate. If needed, turn the heat back on low to help everything come together.
- Place your Grown In Idaho™ Super Crispy Waffle Fries onto a large plate or platter, and top with the cooked seasoned ground beef, and then top with the nacho cheese sauce. Next, add on all of your favorite toppings!
- I added diced tomatoes, diced green bell peppers, jalapeños, diced green onions and I served the sour cream and salsa on the side. Enjoy while hot!
Leave a Reply