Instant Pot Pasta e Fagioli! One of our favorite soups to make! Made with Tuttorosso diced tomatoes, you won’t believe how incredible this Pasta e Fagioli is! We hope you try it!
Disclosure: This is a paid sponsorship in partnership with The Feedfeed and Tuttorosso Tomatoes. All opinions stated here are my own.
Soup has the power to make everything better. It’s like a warm hug. It’s nourishing, hearty and so good. Nothing is more comforting to me than a big bowl of Pasta e Fagioli. Filled with bacon and lean ground beef, cannellini beans, diced tomatoes and more, Pasta e Fagioli is honestly one of my favorite recipes to make and eat. Because I love it so much, I needed to find a way to make it faster. My instant pot to the rescue!
What makes my Instant Pot Pasta e Fagioli incredible are the ingredients that I use. For this recipe, I love using Tuttorosso Diced Tomatoes. Tuttorosso doesn’t use anything artificial. They use steam to preserve their products. Every Tuttorosso can has their Steam Sealed Flavor-LocTM system to protect the fresh, delicious, vine-ripened flavor of their tomatoes. They provide sustainably produced tomatoes, NON-GMO ingredients and Non-BPA lined cans.
They also use color sorters to make sure they are only providing rich, red tomatoes and they physically inspect each one for imperfections. Isn’t that incredible? This is why I feel confident cooking with Tuttorosso Tomato products.
I really believe Tuttorosso Tomatoes provide quality that you can see and taste. Click here for their store locator so you can see where to buy Tuttorosso products in your area. And after you do, you must make this soup! We hope you try it! It’s so delicious!
Instant Pot Pasta e Fagioli
- Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
- 1 tablespoon olive oil extra virgin
- 2 slices thick cut bacon chopped
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion diced, about 1 cup
- 1 medium carrot peeled and diced
- 1 celery rib diced
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon anchovy paste
- 1 (28 oz.) can Tuttorosso diced tomatoes
- 2 inch chunk parmesan cheese
- 2 (15 oz.) cans cannellini beans rinsed
- 3 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper freshly cracked
- 1 cup Ditalini pasta cooked to al dente separately
- fresh parsley for garnish
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Remove lid from Instant Pot and set to sauté setting. Set the timer to 8 minutes and let
Instant Pot pre-heat. Add the oil into the hot insert, and then add the bacon and ground beef and cook, stirring often, until the beef is all browned, about 5 minutes. Add the onions, carrots and celery, and let cook, stirring often, for about 3 minutes. (If using an older model instant pot, it's important to stir often so you don't get a burn warning. If the 8 minutes ends and your instant pot turns off while you are still cooking, don't worry. Just continue stirring and cooking the onions, carrots and celery).
- Add the garlic, dried oregano, red pepper flakes and the anchovy paste. Stir and cook until all combined. Pour in the entire can of Tuttorosso diced tomatoes, the cheese, the beans, chicken stock and the water and season with the salt and pepper. Mix together, place the instant pot lid on, lock and secure the lid and cook on high pressure for 8 minutes.*
- *Make the pasta* according to package instructions, drain and set aside.
- When the 8 minutes is finished, release the pressure manually on your instant pot. Remove the lid and turn off your instant pot. Stir, taste and season with more salt and pepper if needed.
- To Serve: portion out the cooked pasta into bowls and ladle the pasta e fagioli soup over the pasta and into the bowls. Garnish with fresh parsley and grated parmesan cheese. Enjoy! (This method is recommended especially if you are not going to finish all of the pasta e fagioli soup). Alternatively, if you will finish everything, you can add the cooked pasta directly into the instant pot, stir and then serve immediately.