Gluten Free Zucchini Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies. These cookies are everything!
Seriously, if you haven’t baked with zucchini before, you really need to. The shredded zucchini adds a touch of texture and adds a great, indescribable moisture and added flavor. You can’t taste the zucchini but I feel like the shredded zucchini helps to enhance all of the other flavors. Plus, you’re eating veggies so you can eat three cookies.
I added some coconut, well, because my friend, Zainab loves coconut. I couldn’t help myself while I was baking these. And you gotta just throw one into your mouth fresh of the oven, while the chocolate is still warm and melty.
I’m sharing these Gluten Free Zucchini Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies over at Blahnik Baker today. Check out my post!!! I’m also sharing some tips and advice I wish other moms had shared with me after I had my first child so I hope you read it!
And if you make these, please don’t peel the zucchini first. I love seeing the specks of green in these cookies. What do you think?
Gluten Free Zucchini Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ½ cup coconut oil melted and cooled to room temp
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 ½ cups gluten free baking flour
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup sweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Using a large mixing bowl, mix together the melted and cooled coconut oil and sugars, and stir until smooth. Add the egg, vanilla and zucchini and mix until combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet, and stir until just combined. Mix in the oats, shredded coconut and chocolate chips.
- Use a tablespoon sized cookie scoop and place dough balls on your prepared baking sheet, spacing them about 2 inches apart. At this point, you can gently press a few additional chocolate chips on top of the cookie dough balls if you’d like.
- Bake the cookies for about 12 to 14 minutes, or until cookies are golden around the edges and set. Cool on baking sheets for about 5 minutes then transfer to a wire cooling rack.
To read my post, visit Blahnik Baker