Italian Zucchini Pasta Salad! Super easy, fresh and delicious!
If you follow me on social media, you know how obsessed I am with my spiralizer. I seriously think this contraption/kitchen tool is like the best thing ever.
And someone was smart enough to create an entire blog and write a cookbook about spiralizing. And had the genius idea to come out with a spiralizer all on her own. Ali Maffucci did just that. You probably already know who she is. . but if not, Ali is the brilliant creator behind the blog, Inspiralized. She also recently came out with her first cookbook, Inspiralized and came out with her very own branded spiralizer, called The Inspiralizer.
(And yes, I am giving away BOTH down below)
Well, I’ve cooked through the cookbook myself and wrote a full review for The Kitchn. Click here to read my full review, see pages from the book and to see what recipes I made and what I thought of the cookbook!
In my review, I talk more about broccoli stems and more on this recipe. .
If there’s a recipe you need to try, it’s this one. Check it out. Broccoli stems. Crazy. .
My other favorite recipe from the cookbook was this Italian Zucchini Pasta Salad. It’s so easy to make and delicious. . and now that summer is right around the corner, this pasta salad is just what you’ll be craving. . all summer long.
You need to make this. Like now.
Italian Zucchini Pasta Salad + A Complete Inspiralized Giveaway!
For the salad:
- 1 1/2 large zucchinis or two medium
- 1 cup quartered artichoke hearts drained, patted dry
- 3 thick deli slices of provolone or mozzarella cheese sliced into cubes
- 3/4 cup cubed salami
- 1/2 small red onion sliced thinly
- 6 cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/3 cup quartered black olives
For the dressing:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Slice your zucchini in half lengthwise and then spiralize them, using Blade B.
- Place the zucchini noodles in a large sized mixing bowl with the artichoke hearts, tomatoes, provolone or mozzarella cheese, salami, red onions and black olives.
- Pour the dressing over the pasta salad and toss to combine. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes (best if left for 3-4 hours) to let the dressing soften the zucchini if desired. Transfer to a serving bowl and enjoy!
Recipe is published here with permission from the author.
OK guys, I leave tomorrow for my girls trip to Napa Valley and will be out and about all weekend, however, I will be checking email and my blog every night so if you leave a comment (to enter the giveaway) and get a notification that your comment needs to be approved (this should only happen if this is your first time visiting Hip Foodie Mom, don’t fret, I will be checking and approving comments every night! Thank you for your patience!!! And enter the giveaway! Don’t miss out on a chance to win this book and The Inspiralizer! You will have everything you need to get inspiralized!
Giveaway open to residents within the United States only. Entrants must leave a comment down below as an entry and leave that comment with a valid and working email address. Please be patient with me approving comments. The winner will be selected through the Rafflecopter widget and will be notified via email. The winner will have 48 hours to respond or another winner will be randomly selected. The winner receives BOTH the cookbook and the Inspiralizer! Good luck!
Disclosure: This is not a sponsored post. Ali’s publisher donated the cookbook for this giveaway but I will be purchasing the Inspiralizer on my own for the winner! The photo of the cookbook and the photo of The Inspiralizer are from Inspiralized.com.