Skillet Nachos! Loaded with seasoned lean ground beef, cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, tomatoes, avocados, sour cream and salsa. You need this at your Super Bowl Party! Or, for any occasion, any time of the year, really! These are delicious! We hope you try the recipe!
My family and I love nachos. Like, love like them. My kids especially love the creamy nacho cheese sauce that they have at the movie theater, or at a ball game. I don’t even remember when they first had them. . because we usually always get popcorn. But ever since that day, they’ve been hooked.
I don’t use the Velveeta cheese. My kids can have that when they go to a ball game or the movie theater. At home, we use real cheese. And I load on the veggies on my skillet nachos! Diced bell peppers and tomatoes. Diced green onions and guacamole would also be fabulous. I love it.
And we can’t forget the avocados, sour cream and salsa. oh yeah!! My cast iron skillet is totally going to get some more skillet nachos action on Sunday! Whip this up! It’s so easy and will definitely make everyone happy!
- 1/2 bag tortilla chips
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 lb. cooked lean ground beef cooked and seasoned with your favorite taco seasoning
- 2 roma tomatoes diced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper diced (feel free to use a variety of colors)
- 2 ripe avocados diced or sliced (or guacamole)
- sour cream
- green onions diced, for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place an even layer of some tortilla chips into your cast iron skillet, spreading evenly across the bottom. Sprinkle half of the cheddar and half of the mozzarella cheese over the chips. Top with half of the cooked ground beef. Add more tortilla chips on top and repeat with the remaining cheese and ground beef.
- Bake for about 10 to 12 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. Remove from the oven and immediately sprinkle on the tomatoes and diced bell peppers. Serve with a generous amount of avocado, sour cream, salsa and jalapeños. Enjoy immediately!
My other nachos recipe.