Gluten free Skinny Banana Oat Flaxseed Cookies. Happy Friday you guys!!! We made it through another week. It’s time to let loose and celebrate (while sticking to our diets).
And I’m here to tell you that ripe bananas are not just for bread anymore!!! These breakfast (or brunch) skinny banana oat cookies are sooooo good and so easy to make. And they are vegan and gluten-free too (thanks to the gluten-free old fashioned rolled oats from Bob’s Red Mill down below)!!
I’ve made these breakfast snack cookies three times in the past two weeks . . and they have disappeared FAST every time. You can feel good about eating these because there’s no butter, no added sugar (you get the sweetness from the bananas and chocolate chips) and they are packed with good nutrition, like flaxseed meal.
Yes, I used flaxseed meal again. What can I say? I love the stuff!
If you’ve never baked with flaxseed meal, you really need to try it! It adds a great nuttiness (and great added nutrition too!) to your baked treats! To find out more about flaxseed and for another favorite recipe, click here.
I’m going to bake more this weekend for my running group! I hope you give these gluten free skinny banana oat flaxseed cookies a try! Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend and don’t forget to enter all the giveaways I’ve got going on! Hit the link back to my homepage to find them!
And to all the mothers out there, hope everyone has a fabulous Mother’s Day!! Hoping for lots of homemade gifts and breakfast in bed!
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup Bob's Red Mill gluten free rolled oats
- ½ cup Bob's Red Mill ground flaxseed meal
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- pinch of salt (optional)
- ½ cup semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate chips*
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a parchment paper lined baking sheet and set aside.
- Using a large mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork. Add in the rolled oats, flaxseed meal, shredded coconut, almonds and salt (if using). Mix together with a spoon. Add in the chocolate chips with mix together again.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop out the cookie batter and place on the baking sheet. The cookies don't spread so don't worry about the spacing too much. Press down gently with your hands if flatter tops are desired. Bake for about 18 to 20 minutes, or until lightly golden brown on the outside. Let cool for about 8 to 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
LAST DAY for Brunch Week!!!
Welcome to the last day of the third annual #BrunchWeek hosted by Terri from Love and Confections and Shaina from Take A Bite Out Of Boca. We are so excited to have you join us this year! Celebrate Brunch with us this week as we prepare for Mother’s Day. 30 Bloggers from around the country will showcase their best brunch dishes, from cocktails to casseroles, breakfast breads, sandwiches and salads – there is something for everyone!
I hope you enjoy what the #BrunchWeek Bloggers cooked up today!
BrunchWeek Egg Dishes:
Bacon and Egg Sandwiches on Cheddar Biscuits from Sew You Think You Can Cook.
BrunchWeek Breads, Grains and Pastries:
Lemon Blueberry Crepes from Love and Confections.
Java Jolt Overnight Oats from Take A Bite Out Of Boca.
Hagelslag-Covered Bread from Culinary Adventures with Camilla.
Nutella Stuffed Aebleskiver from greens & chocolate.
Baked French Toast Boats from The Spiffy Cookie.
Skinny Banana Oat Flaxseed Cookies from Hip Foodie Mom.
Cinnamon Sugar French Toast Sticks from Making Miracles.
Cheddar Pear Proscuitto Pull-Apart Bread from It Bakes Me Happy.
Alpine Cheese Grisini from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner.
Mini Apple Pear Pies from Quarter Life (Crisis) Cuisine.
Strawberry Cake from Chelsea’s Messy Apron.
Chocolate Chip Walnut Coffee Cake from girlichef.
Raspberry Oatmeal Bars from My Catholic Kitchen.
Disclaimer: Thank you to #BrunchWeek Sponsors: Bob’s Red Mill, Cabot Creamery Cooperative, California Walnuts, Dixie Crystals, Grimmway Farms/Cal-Organic/True Juice, KitchenAid, Le Creuset, Nielsen-Massey Vanillas, Pacari Chocolate, Stonyfield Organic, Vidalia Onions, and Woot Froot for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #BrunchWeek. All opinions are my own.