Triple chocolate mini bundt cakes topped with chocolate covered strawberries. The perfect dessert for chocolate lovers. You need these for Valentine’s Day!!
Valentine’s Day is next week. And that means one thing for me.
Chocolate. And lots of it. This is the only holiday, where I believe every person needs to indulge and have a little chocolate. And chocolate covered strawberries. And more chocolate.
I have no idea why my husband stopped buying the big heart shaped chocolate assortment boxes. Maybe it’s because I started baking on Valentine’s Day. And he knew there would always be something fabulous when he got home.
Something fabulous with chocolate covered strawberries of course. The key to this recipe is using good quality chocolate. Premium baking chips and melted wafers.
I’m talking about the Ghirardelli Baking Chips. The Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips and their melting wafers. While I’m baking, I pop these delicious baking chip morsels into my mouth. Oh so good. These are seriously the best tasting baking chips around. You can quote me on this. Whenever I bake chocolate chip cookies, Ghirardelli is my go-to. In fact, you will always find at least 2-3 bags of both semi-sweet and bittersweet chocolate baking chips in my pantry at all times. . because I never know when the craving will come.
So, when it came to baking these mini bundt cakes, I had to use my Ghirardelli Bittersweet chocolate baking chips. I actually added these into the cake batter so you get bittersweet chocolate with each bite. I loved it.
So if you’re still looking for that perfect recipe for that special someone .. give this recipe a try! And since I’ve already made these for my husband and family and friends. . Honey, I want the big heart shaped chocolate assortment box. I hope you’re reading this.
Happy Valentine’s Day!
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup brewed black coffee; slightly cooled if freshly brewed coffee
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Premium Baking Chips
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 tablespoon whole milk + more if needed
- 6-7 fresh strawberries; try to use relatively large ones if possible
- Ghirardelli Candy Making & Dipping Wafers- Dark Melting Wafers
- chocolate sprinkles (optional, for added decoration)
- Prepare your mini bundt pan by spraying with non-stick baking spray and preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Whisk together all of the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl until everything is well combined. Into the same bowl with the dry ingredients, add in the wet ingredients and mix to combine. Pour in the Ghirardelli Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips and mix to combine again. Fill each well in the mini bundt pan with the cake batter, filling only about ⅔ full. You do not want to pour in too much.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool. After at least 20 minutes, invert the baking pan and place mini bundt cakes either on wire rack or serving plate.
- Beat the confectioners’ sugar, butter, and cocoa powder together in your stand mixer on medium-slow speed until the mixture comes together. Turn the mixer down to a slower speed, and add in the milk (feel free to add in 1 to 2 more tablespoons if needed, but start with one tablespoon of milk).
- Once the milk has been incorporated, turn the mixer up to high speed and continue beating until the frosting is light and fluffy (for about 4-5 minutes). The longer the frosting is beaten, the lighter and fluffier it becomes. Chill in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes before applying to the mini bundt cakes.
- Prepare a baking sheet covered with either parchment paper, wax paper or a non-stick baking mat. Wash and pat dry each individual strawberry. Microwave Ghirardelli’s Candy Making & Dipping Wafers according to package instructions. Mix and dip each strawberry and place on the prepared baking sheet. Place strawberries in the refrigerator for at least 20-30 minutes to help the chocolate set and firm up.
- Frost the top of each mini bundt cake, either with a piping bag and tip or simply with a frosting knife. Sprinkle chocolate sprinkles on top of the frosting and place one chocolate covered strawberry on top! Enjoy!
Cake recipe adapted from Not Without Salt.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.