Even though I ran my half marathon just a few weeks ago, I’m still keeping my running routine going and I’ve recently incorporated Pure Barre into my workout regimen. I want to get toned and work on my core and what better way to do that right?! I’ve taken 3 classes so far and it’s getting easier. . that first class kicked my butt!!! Wow!
Well, I want to know what you guys do for exercise and to stay fit. . tell me!!! and for those who are interested, I’ve teamed up with some fabulous bloggers today to offer this giveaway so be sure to enter below!
Before we get to the giveaway, I have to share what I’ve been snacking on recently. . these Coconut Almond Flaxseed Granola Bars! They are so easy to make and I just make a big batch and store them in the fridge or freezer (if I’m not going to eat them all within 4-5 days).
Simply throw everything into a food processor:
At this point, I’ve consumed more almond butter than I care to mention. . and I’m addicted to dates too.
Pulse together and voila! You’ve got your mix! At this point, you could even make no-bake energy bites. Just roll this mix into balls and place in your fridge for about an hour. Or, to make the granola bars. . flatten/spread the mixture on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake in the oven!
Be sure and save the recipe below and pin!
Coconut Almond Flaxseed Granola Bars
- 2 cups gluten free old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup whole oven roasted almonds no salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped dates
- 1/4 cup organic agave light golden nectar*
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips*
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed meal
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line an 8x8 baking dish or baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Using your food processor, pulse together all of the ingredients until well combined. Remove the mixture from the food processor and onto the prepared baking sheet. Use a rubber spatula to spread evenly and gently press down.
- Turn the oven down to 300 degrees and bake for about 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before cutting into squares. Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
Be sure to check out all of the other posts!!
Open to residents within the United States only.
Disclosure: This giveaway is sponsored by all of the bloggers participating. This is not a sponsored post.