No Bake Almond Energy Bites!! So easy to make and delicious! Pack these for a weekday snack and avoid the vending machine at work!
Happy Monday, you guys!
This weekend was crazy for me. I cranked through a handful of recipes: testing, prepping, running up and down my stairs because we are still in the midst of our kitchen renovation. My little bar sink and kitchen have never seen this much action.
I am also heading to Miami on Thursday to attend the South Beach Wine and Food Festival with KitchenAid! I’ll be watching chefs from The Food Network and The Cooking Channel, going to food demonstrations, events and will be doing social media for KitchenAid. Follow along on my Facebook, Twitter and Instagram! I am a huge fan of Chrissy Teigen and she will be there, hosting an event. It’s sold out, so I can’t go but if I run into her, I’m totally going to have a fan girl moment. Oh, and with Giada too, for sure. If I meet her.
This week will, of course, be insane and I have a million things to do before I leave. Isn’t this always the case? I feel like I am always crazed right before a trip. Anyone else feel like this?
Well, good thing I have some of my no-bake almond energy bites. These are the best! I make a big batch of these and eat these throughout the week.
And YES, these are packed with dried fruit, some peanut butter chips and a 1/4 cup of mini chocolate chips. They are also packed with whole flaxseeds, almond meal and almond butter. I’m not calling these healthy but these are a great snack and afternoon pick-me-up!
And with everything, you don’t want to eat the entire plate in one sitting. Well, I guess you could if you wanted to but I think one at a time works great!
I hope you give these a try! And be sure to check back here on Thursday .. I’ll have something sweet!!
- 1 heaping cup of old fashioned rolled oats
- ¼ cup sunflower nuts
- ¼ cup peanut butter chips
- ¼ unsweetened shredded coconut flakes
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup golden raisins (optional)
- ⅓ cup ground almond flour or ground flaxseed
- ¼ cup cashews or almonds
- 1 tablespoon whole flaxseeds
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon agave
- ¾ cup almond butter
- Using your food processor, pulse together all of the ingredients until combined. Using a cookie scoop, scoop out the energy bite mixture and shape into balls using your hands.
- Place onto a baking sheet, plate or in a container and place in the refrigerator for at least an hour, or overnight. Energy bites can be stored in an airtight container and refrigerated for up to 3-5 days.