One bowl Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies!!! Packed with goodness from flaxseed, raw pepitas and pure pumpkin! So good and so easy to make!
I can’t believe it’s already November?! The rest of this year is going to fly by. . I just know it. . I’ve been keeping busy with work, testing recipes, doing Instagram stories and working out. I’ve started strength training and I feel great. I’m working out one-on-one with a personal trainer and doing weight lifting and strength training. I’ve never done this before and I freaking love it.
I needed to do something with all the baking and recipe testing I do, right?! For anyone who is in a workout rut, I highly recommend looking into strength training and lifting. I’m working out muscles I’ve never focused on before and I feel strong!
The cold temps are here in Wisconsin and I find peace in having my oven on, with my candles lit and music playing and with something sweet baking in the oven.
These one bowl pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are amazing! These are the perfect cookies to usher in November!
I use a flax egg for these cookies. . you can certainly use a regular egg but if you have the ground flaxseed meal, use it!
These cookies are packed with goodness from the pumpkin and raw pepitas! the chocolate chips are optional. . but I can never pass up adding chocolate chips into my cookies!
Make these now and enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 2 tablespoons water
- ½ cup pure pumpkin
- ¼ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup almond meal
- ¾ cup gluten free rolled oats
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup raw pepitas
- ¼ cup semi sweet or bittersweet chocolate chips (+ more if desired)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the flaxseed meal and water in a small bowl and mix together. Let sit for about 5 to 10 minutes to thicken.
- Using a large mixing bowl, add in your flax egg and add in the pumpkin, almond butter, maple syrup, coconut sugar, vanilla, almond meal, rolled oats, pumpkin pie spice and salt and mix together. Fold in the raw pepitas and the chocolate chips.
- Use a cookie scoop and scoop out tablespoon sized cookie dough balls and place on the baking sheet. Gently press down (just slightly) with your hands. I baked 12 cookies on one baking sheet. The cookies do not spread.
- Bake for about 18 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven, let cool and enjoy!