Best Chunky Guacamole! Super simple and so easy to make! Ripe avocados, fresh lime juice and salt with finely diced red onions, tomatoes and cilantro.
I love avocados so much! Avocado toast, diced avocado in tacos, salads, sandwiches and, of course, guacamole! I love a good chunky guacamole! It’s summer and we live off of a good chunky guacamole! I love it with everything.
Health Benefits of Avocados
The avocado is a rather unique fruit. While most fruit consists primarily of carbohydrate, avocado is high in healthy fats. The most popular variety is the Hass avocado.
“It’s often called alligator pear, which is very descriptive, as it tends to be pear-shaped and has green, bumpy skin like an alligator. The yellow-green flesh inside the fruit is eaten, but the skin and seed are discarded.”
Avocados are incredibly nutritious. and contain a wide variety of nutrients, including 20 different vitamins and minerals. 2 grams of protein and 15 grams of healthy fats. Although it contains 9 grams of carbs, 7 of those are fiber, so there are only 2 net carbs, making this a low-carb friendly plant food.”
Avocados are also loaded with heart-healthy monounsaturated fatty acids.
Source: healthline.com and to learn more, click here.
Best Chunky Guacamole
My guacamole recipe is super simple. At a minimum, you need ripe avocados, fresh lime juice and salt. I also love adding finely diced red onions, bell peppers (or tomatoes) and jalapeños. Sometimes we will also add roasted garlic and a dash of cumin. But all you really need, in my opinion, is the lime juice and salt and crunchy diced veggies for some texture. I hope you make some and enjoy!
Best Chunky Guacamole
- a potato masher (or a fork) works great!
- 3 ripe avocados cut in half, with the pit removed
- 1 lime sliced in half and juiced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup red onion finely diced
- 2 roma tomatoes* finely diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh (or roasted) minced garlic optional
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro finely diced
- jalapeños finely diced, optional for heat
- In a medium bowl, mash together the avocados, lime juice, and salt. For a more intensified lime flavor, add a little lime zest! Mix in the diced red onion, tomatoes, garlic and cilantro. Stir in the jalapeños. Taste and adjust salt and lime juice if needed. Sprinkle on a little more cilantro if desired and enjoy with tortilla chips!