Raspberry Pop Tarts! Make your kids’ favorite right at home! Made with an easy pie dough and delicious cream cheese glaze, your family is going to love these!
If you follow me on social media, you’ve probably seen me sharing photos of these delicious pop tarts from Dough Baby Bakery here in Madison. I had the great pleasure of sitting down with Kristine Miller, owner and pastry chef at Dough Baby, and she showed me how to make these!
There’s something wonderful about baking from scratch and baking sweet treats for those you love.
Dough Baby Bakery unfortunately closed down so they are no longer in business here in Madison. But fortunately, Kristine shared this recipe with me and The FeedFeed community and my hope is that we all make and share this recipe so that a little piece of what made Dough Baby Bakery so special will live on. That special something, in my mind, was the people . . you could taste the hard work, passion and love that went into every treat they made.
So, as you make these for your own family, smile and know that you are sharing something wonderful and special.
Kristine, thank you for sharing this recipe and I can’t wait to make these pop tarts for my girls.
Raspberry Pop Tarts
For the Pie Dough:
- 3 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 12 oz cold cubed butter
- 1 cup cold water adjust for humidity
For the pop tarts:
- your favorite homemade jam
- 2 to 3 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
Cream Cheese Glaze:
- 2 oz cream cheese
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups powdered sugar
For the dough:
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, and butter either in an electric mixer with the paddle attachment or by hand, until the butter is broken into small pieces and incorporated into the flour. Add water ½ cup at a time and mix slowly (or by hand) until incorporated (may not need full cup, dough should be sticky but still able to form into ball).
- Cover with plastic wrap or in a plastic bag and refrigerate for at least ONE hour, or overnight for best results.
For the pop tarts:
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll to a usual pie crust thickness and cut into desired size pieces, one for bottom and one for the top of the pop tart.
- Fill with 1 to 2 tablespoons of your favorite homemade jam (the more tart the better to balance the cream cheese glaze). Cover with top side of pie dough and, use your fingers to press together to seal. Using a sharp knife, slice a few slits in the center top and then brush on melted butter. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes, rotating the pan once halfway through baking time.
For the cream cheese glaze:
- Heat the cream cheese and heavy cream in a saucepan on medium high until fully melted together, whisking to help it incorporate. Remove from heat and mix in the vanilla and powdered sugar until smooth. Re-heat before using if you need to. Dip the top of the cooled pop tart into the glaze, top with sprinkles and enjoy!