If there was ever a day that was meant for me, it’s today.
It’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Day! Hosted by Carla of Chocolate Moosey and Miriam of Overtime Cook. 31 bloggers are sharing their favorite chocolate peanut butter recipes, ranging from cookies and bars to scones and muffins. Follow the hashtag #chocPBday on social media and join us with your favorite chocolate and peanut butter recipes. Looking for recipes all in one place? Follow our Pinterest board. And we’re teaming up with OXO, King Arthur Flour, and Peanut Butter & Co. to bring you three fabulous prize packs! If you love to bake, you don’t want to miss entering. There will be 3 winners! So, make sure you enter the Rafflecopter below!
I was one of those latchkey kids who walked home from school, walked in the door and immediately got myself a big spoon and the peanut butter and went to town. I would just eat spoonfuls of peanut butter and watch TV. Classy. And chocolate peanut butter cups were my favorite. I couldn’t help myself because chocolate and peanut butter is like the best combination. Ever.
It’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Day!
In honor of today, I had to make something crazy indulgent. This dessert is not for the weary at heart. Now, I did go a little crazy when serving these Peanut Butter Chocolate Mousse Parfaits. You do not have to make your layers as thick as I did and you should try piping yours into your glass for thinner, maybe more acceptable layering. But I just went for it. In fact, my family (4 of us) all shared ONE for dessert. Yes, these are a little indulgent but damn, it was delicious.
I hope you enjoy!
Make sure you check out the recipe card below!
- 1½ cups mini marshmallows
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) softened unsalted butter or at room temp
- 9 oz best-quality semi-sweet or dark chocolate (or a blend of both); chopped into small pieces
- ¼ cup hot water (from a recently boiled kettle)
- 2 cups heavy cream* (half of the whipped cream will be used for the peanut butter mousse)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- whipped cream from the store; I prefer to use this kind for the topping so you can get a pretty design on top. Alternatively you can make more fresh homemade whipped cream (above) and pipe it out.
- chocolate sprinkles
- chocolate peanut butter cups
- Place the mini marshmallows, soft butter, chocolate and water in a heavy-bottomed saucepan over low heat to melt everything; whisking every now and then until melted and combined. Remove from the heat and allow to cool; almost completely, at least 15 minutes.
- Using your electric stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment (on speed 4 or 6) or hand mixer, whip the heavy cream with the vanilla extract until thick and peaks have formed; for about 5-8 minutes. Remove HALF of the cream and place into a bowl and set in the refrigerator (this is for the peanut butter mousse).
- Lastly, using a rubber spatula, fold the other half of the fresh whipped cream into the cooling chocolate mixture until you have a smooth, cohesive mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and place into the refrigerator to set for at least one hour.
- Remove the reserved fresh whipped cream from the refrigerator and place on the counter. Using a large microwave-safe bowl, microwave the peanut butter chips and the ¾ cup heavy cream at 15-second intervals just until the chips soften, stirring often. Whisk in the creamy peanut butter and vanilla until completely smooth. Cool to barely lukewarm.
- When ready, using a rubber spatula, fold in the fresh whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture until you have a smooth, cohesive mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and place into the refrigerator to set for at least one hour.
- I highly recommend using pastry bags (or ziploc bags) fitted with a tip and piping out both the chocolate and peanut butter mousse. Your parfaits will look prettier and you can control the layering better this way. Layer in your chocolate and peanut butter mousse, alternating the layers and adding in as many layers as you want and can fit in your serving glass. Top with whipped cream, chocolate sprinkles and a chocolate peanut butter cup for fun. Enjoy!
Chocolate Mousse recipe adapted from here.
So, if you’re a chocolate + peanut butter lover like me, well, today is your lucky day because I have 30 other fabulous chocolate and peanut butter recipes here that you are going to love! Make sure you visit each one, pin them for later and enjoy!
- Dark Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Sandwich Cookies by Mind Over Batter
- Chocolate & Peanut Butter Crumb Parfait by Hungry Couple
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Doughnuts by It’s Yummi!
- Flourless Peanut Butter Cup Swirl Brownies by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Buckeye Cheesecake Bars by Chocolate Moosey
- Peanut Butter & Chocolate Scones by All Day I Dream About Food
- Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Jam Bars by Poet in the Pantry
- Crunchy Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chocolate & Peanut Butter Cannolis by Souffle Bombay
- 4 Layer Chocolate Brownie Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting by Neighborfood
- Mini Chocolate Caramel Peanut Butter Cheesecakes by The Spiffy Cookie
- Peanut Butter Nanaimo Bars by Crumb: A Food Blog
- Chocolate Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies by Jen’s Favorite Cookies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies by In The Kitchen With KP
- Peanut Butter & Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies by The Cooking Actress
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Trifle by Kelli’s Kitchen
- Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream by Kelly Bakes
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Biscotti by Lauren Kelly Nutrition
- Chunky Peanut Butter Stuffed Brownies by Snappy Gourmet
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Caramel Bars by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Peanut Butter Bundt Cake with Chocolate Cheesecake Filling by Overtime Cook
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cinnamon Rolls by Gotta Get Baked
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Quick Bread by Magnolia Days
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Ice Cream by Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chips Bars by Roxana’s Home Baking
- Chocolate-Covered Peanut Butter Blondies by What Smell’s So Good
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Earthquake Cake by I Wash You Dry
- Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares by Food Lust People Love
- Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse Cups by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Skinny Chocolate Peanut Butter Krispie Cheesecake Bars by Food Faith Fitness
I wanted to extend a huge THANK YOU to our sponsors! Be sure to follow them on social media:
Three lucky winners will win one of the following:
Prize Pack #1: OXO Baking Tool Set: One 3-in-1 Egg Separator, One Bent Icing Knife, One Brownie Spatula, One Cake Tester, One Cookie Spatula, One Cupcake Icing Knife, One Cupcake Corer, One Egg Beater, One Stainless Steel Measuring Cups, One Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons, One Medium Cookie Scoop
Prize Pack #2: King Arthur Flour ingredients: One bag of all-purpose flour, one package of Guittard bittersweet chocolate disks, and one bottle of pure vanilla extract
Prize Pack #3: Peanut Butter and Co. package including: one Dark Chocolate Dreams 6-pack, One Variety 6-pack, and One 31 Days of Dark Chocolate Dreams cookbook
This giveaway is open to US residents only and will be picked from random draw. Giveaway ends Monday March 31 at 11:59 PM. The winners will be notified via email and have 24 hours to respond. If not, the prize is forfeited and another winner will be chosen.
Disclosure: OXO, King Arthur Flour and Peanut Butter and Co. are providing the prizes free of charge. All opinions stated here are 100% my own.