Chocolate Chip Sugar Cookies. . when you need a little somethin’ more to add to sugar cookies! A nice twist on sugar cookies! So yummy!
These cookies were a happy accident. . and this is the recipe you start with to make these cookies. . I’ve always felt that sugar cookies needed a little chocolate love so here’s the result! Mini chocolate chips!
These cookies are sugar cookies with mini chocolate chips! Perfectly crispy on the outside and chewy and everything wonderful on the inside. And the mini chocolate chips add that little extra sweetness! So good!
I hope you give this recipe a try! Just a nice twist on sugar cookies! And during the holiday season, add some peppermint extract, make the glaze and make these cookies!
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon fine salt
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup mini semisweet chocolate chips + more if desired
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and prep a parchment lined baking sheet. Using a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Using your stand mixer fitted with the flat beater attachment, mix together the butter, sugar and the vanilla extract on medium-high until pale and fluffy, for about 3 minutes. Beat in the egg, and then slowly pour in the flour mixture, a little at a time, with the setting on low. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Roll dough into 1½-inch balls and place, 2 inches apart, on your parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake the cookies for about 12 to 14 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden, rotating your baking sheets halfway through. Let cool on sheets for about 5 minutes, then transfer cookies to racks and let cool completely. Enjoy!