Chocolate Chia Bars! Soft, chewy, easy to make and packed with goodness! These Chocolate Chia Bars are so delicious! You have to try the recipe!
Happy Monday everyone!
Do you guys snack a lot? Do you frequent the vending machine at work? Lately, I’ve been trying to take an apple or banana with me when I go run errands or after my Pure Barre class, before I go grocery shopping, so I don’t go crazy and buy every single snack bag I see. I’m a sucker for new chip-type snacks. I also have a major sweet tooth so I need something sweet every now and then.
And if it’s packed with chocolate, even better.
Are these Chocolate Chia bars healthy? I think so! They are naturally sweetened with applesauce, vanilla and maple syrup and the chia seeds give you with fiber, protein, Omega-3 fatty acids and various micronutrients.
Now, don’t eat three of these in one sitting. Eat 1 bar.
You can store these in an airtight container on your counter, or I like to keep them in my refrigerator.
Warm or cold, these are delicious and I hope you give these bars a try!
Chocolate Chia Bars
- 2 1/3 cups rolled oats pulsed in a food processor
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup apple sauce
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 to 4 ripe bananas mashed
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup mini or regular sized chocolate chips + more for topping
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray or grease a square baking pan, line with parchment paper and set aside.
- Using a food processor, pulse together the rolled oats until ground. They do not have to be ground fine; it's ok to keep some texture. Pour into a mixing bowl. Combine the pulsed rolled oats with the baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and chia seeds.
- Using a separate mixing bowl, combine the apple sauce, maple syrup, vanilla and mashed bananas.
- Slowly pour the dry ingredients into the wet and mix until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared pan and top with some more chocolate chips if desired. Bake for about 28 to 30 minutes. Allow to cool before cutting into squares. Enjoy!