Autumn Corn Chowder! This Autumn Corn Chowder is packed with butternut squash, leeks and other fresh vegetables in a creamy, thick delicious soup. Create some family fun with lots of fall flavors and stock up on all you need at Target!!
Disclosure: This post sponsored by Mirum Shopper but all opinions are 100% my own.
I celebrated my birthday yesterday and it was a glorious day! It was raining all day long but that didn’t bother me. When my kids came home from school, they rushed me with hugs and drawings and homemade bookmarks. Because we all need bookmarks, right?!
I was starting on this delicious Autumn Corn Chowder and my girls were excited because they love soup! I love that they can recognize real food ingredients. . even the leeks! The soup they request the most is my leek and potato soup so they know exactly what leeks look like and which parts are edible too!
My kids and I have always bonded in the kitchen over cooking. Some families bond over sports and other things, but we bond the most in the kitchen, cooking and baking.
They’re still too young to work a knife and help me chop veggies but they help stir, mix and garnish. I make soup all the time and, for the most part, my oldest knows what to do!
They always want to help when my immersion blender comes out. I wonder why?! I think they love seeing how something chunky and soft can turn into something smooth and delicious.
And today, I decided to change things up a bit. We love texture in our soups, so today I added some Knorr Chicken Flavored Rice Sides!
We picked up the Knorr Chicken Flavored Rice Sides, and everything else from Target! My kids love this rice just by itself, but really loved it in this soup! It not only added more flavor but also made the soup more hearty and filling, which is always a good thing!
And of course, there was some bacon involved, in the beginning of this recipe and used as a garnish at the end!
I love bonding with my children in the kitchen over cooking and delicious fall recipes. I hope you all can do the same this fall season! If you cook up a meal with your kids, you can share your experience using this hashtag: #FallFamilyCooking
Autumn Corn Chowder
- 5 slices reduced sodium thick cut bacon chopped into pieces
- 1 cup leeks finely chopped, white parts only
- 10 ounces butternut squash peeled and cubed
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 2 cups corn fresh or frozen
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1 quart Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Reduced Sodium Chicken Stock
- 2 cups Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Reduced Sodium Chicken Stock
- 1 package Knorr® Rice Sides™ - Chicken flavor
- fresh parsley finely diced for garnish
- Working over medium low heat, cook bacon in large pot or dutch oven until crisp, for about 5 to 6 minutes. Remove crispy bacon and place on a paper towel lined plate.
- Add leeks, cubed butternut squash, celery and corn into the pot with the bacon drippings and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, for about 5 to 6 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add 1 quart of the chicken stock into the pot and bring to a boil; then reduce heat to a low simmer for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- While the veggies are simmering, using a separate small pot, bring the remaining 2 cups of chicken stock to a boil and cook the Knorr® Rice Sides™ - Chicken flavor according to package instructions. Cover and cook for 7 minutes or until rice is tender.
- With the heat turned off, use your immersion blender, or transfer all soup ingredients to a blender, and blend together until smooth. Add the cooked rice into the pot and mix together. Taste and season with more salt and pepper if needed. Ladle into bowl and garnish with the crispy bacon bits and fresh parsley. Enjoy!
Adapted from this recipe.
Be sure to check out your local Target for these special offers: