Grilling season is here and YOU need the BEST Steak Marinade in Existence!!! You’ve got to try this! And watch the video down below!
I can’t believe June is here! My kids’ last day of school is Friday and then we are officially on summer vacation. We’re taking it easy this summer and will be spending as much time outside as we can.
For us, summer time means firing up the grill. We love to grill just about everything (chicken, vegetables, hot dogs and burgers) but steaks are a family favorite. It used to be a toss up for us between which dry rub to use but now, our go-to is this: the BEST Steak Marinade in Existence!!
I published this post and recipe back in 2012 and it’s still our favorite. This marinade will seriously transform your meat. I have simplified the recipe even more by simply whisking the marinade ingredients together. If you have a blender at home, you can also blend all of the marinade ingredients together. I hope you guys try this!!! And if you don’t believe me, read the comments down below!
My Original Post from 2012
I don’t quite remember how I stumbled upon Chrissy’s blog but once I found this “best steak marinade” recipe, I was amazed to find out that Chrissy Teigen cooks! I love it! (We all know she cooks now! and I happily own her first cookbook Cravings) . . And, most people, of course, know her as “John Legend’s girlfriend” but again, I love the fact that she loves food and is cooking! (remember, I wrote this post back in 2012. They are married and have their daughter, Luna).
Chrissy posted a recipe for the steak marinade that John actually made for her. . which makes me LOVE HIM even more. He sings, he cooks, he grills. . he’s awesome. And boy, this marinade is awesome. It really is the real deal. If you grill and like meat, you must try this. But I was thinking about this. . you need 3 things in order to have a delicious steak and I can only help you with one:
- You must have a good piece of meat.
- You must have a good marinade. Done. It’s right here. The BEST Steak Marinade in Existence!!!
- You must know how to grill a steak properly. Don’t undercook it, don’t burn the poor thing. I can’t help you with this. My husband is the grilling master of our house. If you don’t have someone to grill for you or you can’t do it, find someone who can and keep him or her close to you.
Once you have these three things, make this marinade. It really is delicious! I am seriously now thinking of buying enough rib eye or tri tip to last me the entire week so I can eat more of this!
Grill on, my friends. Grill on. The Best Ever Steak Marinade!!
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 1 heaping tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1½ tablespoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons dried basil
- 1½ tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- ¼ teaspoon hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- Place meat into a large ziptop bag. Using a bowl, pour in all of the ingredients and whisk until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour the marinade into your ziptop bag, directly over the meat. Cover, and refrigerate for at least 5 to 8 hours. The longer you allow the meat to marinate, the better. Grill the meat and enjoy!
Search Recipe Index