Gluten Free Granola!! Made with gluten free rolled oats, pecans, pepitas, dried fruit, coconut oil and naturally sweetened with some honey and maple syrup. You just can’t beat freshly baked homemade granola! You’ve got to try this!
I’m a snacker. I love munching on little things throughout the day. I’m big on fruit, larabars, energy bites and granola. I mean, with homemade gluten free granola, what’s not to love?
Gluten Free Granola
I love gluten free granola with big chunks of oats stuck together, lots of dried fruit and dark chocolate chunks. This is just what you need to get through a bike ride, a hike, a day full of running around with your kids, or even a busy day at the office.
This granola starts with gluten free, old fashioned rolled oats (I buy Bob’s Red Mill), and I added some almonds, pecans and pepitas (pumpkin seeds), salt and ground cinnamon.
Next, is the magic ingredient. The coconut oil. This is the first time I’ve made granola with melted coconut oil. I absolutely loved it. If you don’t have coconut oil, you can certainly use extra virgin olive oil but I highly recommend buying some coconut oil for this recipe!
Gluten Free Granola
Truth be told, I added honey because I didn’t have enough maple syrup but then I lightly drizzled some maple syrup over the top before I baked this granola. For me, I think using both was perfection.
This is seriously the BEST granola I have ever had. And pace yourself, you’ll want to eat the entire bag in one sitting. I like to divide the granola up into plastic zip top bags. I keep some in the car and some in the kitchen. You can also freeze this gluten free granola if you don’t think you are going to eat it all within a week or two.
I mean, just look at this. Go out, buy all of the ingredients and make this gluten free granola today!
- 4 cups gluten free old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup pecans
- ½ cup pepitas
- ¼ cup almonds
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- light drizzle of maple syrup (1 to 1½ tablespoons at most)
- ¾ cup assortment dried fruit (I used dried blueberries, dried cherries and dried cranberries)
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate chunks
- Maldon Sea Salt Flakes
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a large mixing bowl, combine the rolled oats, pecans, pepitas, almonds, salt and cinnamon. Stir to blend.
- Pour in the melted coconut oil, honey and vanilla. Mix well, using a rubber spatula, until everything is nicely coated. Pour the granola onto your prepared baking sheet, spreading it in an even layer. Lightly drizzle some maple syrup over the top.
- Bake until golden, for about 22 to 24 minutes, stirring the granola halfway through the baking time.
- Let the granola cool completely, undisturbed, for about an hour or 2, before breaking it into pieces and sprinkling on and mixing in the dried fruit and dark chocolate chunks. Sprinkle on some Maldon Sea Salt Flakes for a fantastic sweet and salty balance!
- You can store the granola in an airtight container at room temperature for about 1 to 2 weeks, or in a sealed zip top bag in the freezer for up to 3 months. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from CookieandKate.com.