Gluten Free Monster Cookies! Thick, chewy and delicious! These are the perfect cookies to enjoy with a tall glass of milk!
I love being a food blogger but there are some things I could do without. The social media, promoting all of your recipes all the time, constantly trying to come up with new recipes, the photography, the video content, watching your social media numbers . . did I mention social media?
When something significant happens in the world, I’m usually the last person to find out. That baffles some of my friends because in their minds, I’m always online, or on social media so I should know this stuff. I am rarely on social media for leisure these days. . it’s all for work. Promoting my own content, my friends’ content, scheduling content/posts, the list is never ending.
Age, money, your salary, your weight, your height, your bust size, how much something costs, social media numbers, your followers .. these are all numbers people care about. These are numbers I care about and look at (some more than others). These numbers can also drive you insane.
I made these cookies initially to get rid of some leftover Easter candy that I had been munching on. Put the m&m’s in cookies I thought. . and give the cookies away, or freeze them.
But these were too good. I ate a few and didn’t give any away.
Next time, I think I need to add some crushed potato chips or Ruffles.
Gluten Free Monster Cookies! Thick and chewy and the perfect cookie to enjoy when you don’t want to think about anything, when you have friends coming over, or when you are hosting your daughter’s girl scout troop meeting or a play date.
Or, simply when you just want a delicious cookie!
Gluten Free Monster Cookies
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 12- ounce jar creamy peanut butter
- 1 stick unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup multi-colored chocolate candies or M&M's
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup raisins optional
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 1/2 cups gluten free old fashioned rolled oats
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or nonstick baking mats.
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, beat together the eggs and sugars. Add the salt, vanilla extract, creamy peanut butter, and butter. Mix well. Stir in the chocolate candies, chocolate chips, raisins, (if using), baking soda, and the gluten free old fashioned rolled oats. Drop tablespoon sized cookie dough balls approximately 2 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for about 10 to 12 minutes, or about 15 to 16 minutes if you are baking the frozen dough balls*. Do not over bake. Let stand for about 3 minutes before transferring to wire racks.
Recipe adapted from the Food Network