Instant Pot Chicken Ramen – Have homemade chicken ramen on your table in about 25 minutes. So flavorful and delicious, you are not going to believe how easy it is to make this chicken ramen recipe using your Instant Pot!
Today I’m sharing my homemade Instant Pot Chicken Ramen recipe!
It is starting to get really cold in Madison, so I figured the timing would be perfect for a warm soup recipe! Also, I don’t know if it’s the change in weather or just the fact that I’ve been running non-stop doing all sorts of things since the kids started school, but I am also trying not to get sick!
Chicken Ramen to the Rescue!
Recently, I watched the Chef’s Table (Netflix) episode with Ivan Orkin in it. “Ivan Orkin, a chef from New York who moved to Tokyo to open one of the most well-regarded ramen joints in the country”… the episode is amazing and shows how he was able to, as an American, master ramen in Japan, and then in NYC. They don’t show the actual recipe or how he does it but he uses roasted tomatoes in his broth – so I thought, that’s brilliant! – and this episode was obviously the inspiration for my Instant Pot Chicken Ramen.
THE BEST INSTANT POT CHICKEN RAMEN RECIPE
The perfect blend of earthy and salty flavors in this ramen recipe comes from a variety of wholesome, simple ingredients.
You’ll see that I use a combination of both chicken and mushroom stock or broth. You can certainly just use chicken stock, but I think the combination, along with the roasted cherry tomatoes, is amazing.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO MAKE CHICKEN RAMEN IN THE INSTANT POT
FOR THE BROTH
- Bone in, skin on chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- Toasted sesame oil
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh ginger – grated
- Garlic – minced
- Chicken stock
- Mushroom broth
- Soy sauce – I recommend low sodium
- Rice wine vinegar
- Instant ramen noodles – discard seasoning packet
- Soft boiled eggs – for help with soft boiled eggs, click here!
- Roasted cherry tomatoes – optional
- Shredded or cut nori – dried seaweed
- Freshly diced scallions
- Furikake – click here for a DIY recipe!
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT CHICKEN RAMEN
1. Turn on the Instant Pot and set to the Sauté function. Pat chicken breasts dry with paper towels, and generously season with salt and pepper on both sides. Add the sesame oil to the hot Instant Pot and then place the chicken breast in, skin side down.
2. Next, add the whole cherry tomatoes. Let the chicken breasts and tomatoes cook for about 7 minutes, flipping the chicken halfway through cooking. Some of the tomatoes may begin to burst, but that’s totally fine. Once finished, remove the chicken from the Instant Pot and set aside.
3. With the Instant Pot still on the sauté setting, add in the minced garlic and grated ginger. Let cook for just about 30 seconds, until fragrant. Carefully pour in the chicken stock and mushroom broth. Add the soy sauce and rice wine vinegar, and place the chicken breast back into the Instant Pot.
4. Place the lid back on the Instant Pot and set the timer to MANUAL HIGH PRESSURE for 20 minutes. Make sure the valve is placed in the sealed position. After 20 minutes, do a quick pressure release – make sure all of the pressure has been released before trying to remove the lid! – remove the chicken and set on a plate. Place dried ramen noodles into the Instant Pot for just a few minutes, into the hot broth. Shred the chicken using two forks.
5. To serve: using tongs, portion out the ramen noodles into bowls and ladle the broth into each bowl over the noodles. Top with the cooked shredded chicken, shredded nori, the roasted tomatoes, and a soft boiled egg. Finally, garnish with scallions, furikake and sesame seeds.
I hope you give this a try!
LOOKING FOR MORE SATISFYING AND EASY SOUP RECIPES?
- Instant Pot Chicken Posole
- Jjamppong: Spicy Seafood Noodle Soup
- Pressure Cooker Beef Pho
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- Chinese Egg Drop Soup
- Korean Oxtail Soup (Kkori Gomtang)
- Galbi Tang (Korean Short Rib Soup)
Instant Pot Chicken Ramen + VIDEO
- Instant Pot
For the broth:
- 1 lb. bone in, skin on chicken breast/s
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger grated
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 cups (1 quart) chicken stock
- 4 cups (1 quart) mushroom broth or miso ginger broth
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 packages instant ramen noodles noodles only
- soft boiled eggs
- roasted cherry tomatoes optional
- shredded or cut nori dried seaweed
- freshly diced scallions
- sesame seeds
- Turn on your Instant Pot and set to the sauté function. Pat chicken breast with paper towels and generously season with salt and pepper, on both sides. Add the sesame oil to the Instant Pot and then place the chicken breast in, skin side down.
- Add the cherry tomatoes. Let the chicken breast and tomatoes cook for about 7 minutes, flipping the chicken halfway through. Some of the tomatoes may begin to burst but that's fine. When finished, remove the chicken breast from the Instant Pot and set aside.
- Still on the sauté setting, add in the garlic and ginger. Let cook for about 30 seconds. Pour in the chicken stock and mushroom broth. Add the soy sauce and rice wine vinegar and place the chicken breast back into the Instant Pot.
- Place the lid back on and set the timer to manual high pressure for 20 minutes. Make sure the valve is placed in the sealed position. After 20 minutes, (make sure all of the pressure has been released before trying to remove the lid.) remove the chicken and set on a plate. Place dried ramen noodles into the Instant Pot for just a few minutes, into the hot broth. Shred the chicken using two forks.
- To serve: using tongs, portion out the ramen noodles into bowls, ladle the broth into each bowl over the noodles. Top with the cooked shredded chicken, shredded nori, the roasted tomatoes, a soft boiled egg, garnish with scallions and sesame seeds. Enjoy!
Don’t Have An Instant Pot?
You can easily make this recipe in a pot (Dutch oven for best results) on your stovetop. Follow the same instructions above: sear the chicken over medium high heat and let cook for about 6 to 7 minutes, flipping the chicken halfway through.
Add in the garlic and ginger, still following the recipe card above. Once you pour in all of your liquid and place the chicken back in, bring everything to a boil and then cover the pot with a lid and reduce the heat to low. For best tasting results, let the ramen broth simmer for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until the chicken is cooked through and fork tender. Yes, 1 1/2 to 2 hours; this is why I love a pressure cooker for this recipe.
Give this recipe a try, and leave a comment to let me know what you think!