Acai Green Smoothie Bowl! This is a great way to get some greens, nutrition and fiber into your body in the morning! We hope you try this!
If you know me, you know I try to make a green smoothie every morning. I started a couple of years ago and haven’t looked back. These smoothies give me energy, fuel me up and taste great! When I have more time, I love making smoothie bowls! I love loading on my favorite superfoods as the toppings! It’s like cereal, elevated! I hope you try one soon!
Acai Green Smoothie Bowl
Acai Green Smoothie Bowl + A Video!
For the smoothie:
- 2 cups fresh spinach or kale
- 1 banana
- 1 orange
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1 packet frozen acai broken into pieces
- 1 teaspoon matcha powder or feel free to add protein powder
- 1½ tablespoons almond butter
- 1 cup water*
For the toppings:
- dried goji berries
- cacao nibs
- hemp seeds
- coconut flakes
- strawberries or any berries
- Place everything into your blender, cover with lid and blend until smooth. Pour into bowls and top with suggested toppings and enjoy!
WHAT ARE ACAI BERRIES?
“Acai berries are 1-inch (2.5-cm) round fruits that grow on acai palm trees in the rainforests of Central and South America. They have a dark purple skin and yellow flesh surrounding a large seed. Because they contain pits like apricots and olives, they’re technically not a berry, but rather a drupe. Nevertheless, they’re commonly referred to as berries. In the Amazon rainforest, acai berries frequently accompany meals.
To make them edible, they are soaked to soften the tough outer skin and then mashed to form a dark purple paste. They have an earthy taste that’s often described as a cross between blackberries and unsweetened chocolate.
Fresh acai berries have a short shelf life and aren’t available outside of where they are grown. As an export, they are sold as a frozen fruit purée, dried powder or pressed juice.”
- Açaí berries are nutrient dense
- Açaí berries are packed with antioxidants
Read more at healthline.com