Chicken Shrimp Stir Fry! So delicious and easy to make! This Chicken Shrimp Stir Fry is packed with fresh veggies, chicken and lots of shrimp! This is the most requested recipe from my kids!
I can’t believe April is almost here. Pretty soon, it’ll be June and school will be out. I feel like the first week back to school after spring break is always so hard. It’s hard to get the kids back on a normal sleeping schedule and excited about school again. This week was hard for me too because I also got used to sleeping in a little and the relaxing mornings where I was able to sit and drink my coffee in silence and was not rushing around getting everything ready for school.
At least I’m keeping weeknight dinners easy and delicious!
Seriously, how can you go wrong with a Chicken Shrimp Stir Fry?! I love loading in the veggies and making mine really colorful. The kids will eat everything except the bell peppers, those are for me!
The best part for the kids? The shrimp! They love it!
Serve this over some white or brown rice and you have a winner! I hope you give this one a try!
- You can keep this stir fry completely vegetarian too! Just omit the chicken and shrimp and use veggie broth instead of the chicken broth.
- Use beef instead of the chicken
- For the veggies: use the veggies that your family will eat!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into ½-inch pieces*
- 1 to 2 cups broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 (8 oz) package mushrooms, sliced
- 2 to 3 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow or orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 to 2 cups sugar snap peas, cut in half or left whole
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce + more if needed
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 pound fresh shrimp (fresh or frozen, but if frozen, make sure it's completely thawed)
- finely diced scallions
- sesame seeds
- In a large skillet or wok, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until lightly browned. Add the broccoli, mushrooms, carrots, bell peppers, snap peas and diced onion and cook an additional 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Drizzle on the sesame oil and mix together.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the chicken broth, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, ginger, and cornstarch until there are no lumps. Slowly pour over the chicken and veggies and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium or medium-low, and let simmer for about 5 to 6 minutes, or until the sauce thickens. Arrange the shrimp on top in a single layer and cover the skillet or wok with a lid.
- Let cook until the shrimp has turned pink. Flip over and cook on the other side. The shrimp should only need a few minutes to cook. Mix together and garnish with finely diced scallions and sesame seeds. Serve over steamed rice. Enjoy!