Breakfast Blender Doughnuts + A Giveaway! Healthy breakfast doughnuts made in your blender! Fluffy on the inside and tender on the outside and packed with protein! Top these with vegan chocolate ganache, chocolate hazelnut spread or coconut butter glaze!
If you follow me on Instagram and watch my stories, you may have seen one last week, or a few weeks ago, where I said I love my job. I work with food, I get to create recipes, food style, take photos and write.
As a food blogger, I also have the best community and support system. Food bloggers, we just get each other. I truly feel honored everyday for what I get to do and for the people who I have met, whether in real life or just virtually. And food bloggers are talented! We don’t just do one thing. We freaking do everything.
And we’re also writing cookbooks! and lots of them!
I’m going to be sharing a lot of cookbooks, written by some of the best people out there! My friend, Arman, who runs the blog, The Big Man’s World, is one of those people. I don’t remember exactly how we connected online but with one visit to his blog, you will see why people keep coming back!
You can read all about Arman’s story and his healthy journey here and why he does what he does.
But let’s get to his fabulous book, Clean Sweets, and these doughnuts!
You’ll never guess what I used to make these doughnuts: gluten-free rolled oats, protein powder, almond milk and yogurt just to name a few. I could hardly believe that these doughnuts would come out this way. And they are good!
Clean Sweets is all about decadent creations that indulge the appetite but also pack in the nutrients. From breakfast reinvented to no-bake treats, recipes include:
- Protein Peanut Butter Cups
- Banana Cheesecake Breakfast Pudding
- Caramel Apple Mug Cake
- Sea Salt Dark Chocolate Waffles
- Blueberry Muffin Parfait
- Whipped Tiramisu
- Vegan Pancakes
Arman is all about making something sweet the moment the craving hits, from foods that you already have in your pantry! Each recipe is coded and this book includes gluten-free, sugar-free, vegan and Paleo options! There’s something for everyone!
Arman tops his doughnuts with a coconut butter glaze. I had some chocolate hazelnut spread with probiotics and flax, so I used that instead here. Can you see the flaxseeds? I love it!
Bake these doughnuts and be sure to enter the giveaway down below! Good luck!
Breakfast Blender Doughnuts
For the doughnuts:
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar of choice I used coconut sugar
- 1/2 scoop protein powder 15 to 17 grams
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons milk of choice I used almond milk
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
For the coconut butter glaze:
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter softened
- 2 tablespoons milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon granulated sweetener of choice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a doughnut pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a blender, add all of the doughnut ingredients and blend until a batter is formed. If the batter is too thick (if you use a casein-style protein powder), add another dash of milk. Allow the batter to sit for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour the doughnut batter into the doughnut pan, two-thirds of the way full. Place pan into oven and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean and doughnuts spring back slightly.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool in the pan for about 5 minutes, before trying to remove them and transfer to a cooling rack.
- While cooling, make your coconut butter glaze by mixing all of the ingredients together in a small bowl. Top your cooled doughnuts with the glaze and enjoy!
Recipe republished here with permission from author.
Giveaway open to residents within the United States only.