July 4th is tomorrow and, if you’re like most Americans, you might be firing up that grill. I’ve given you some tasty recipes this week to choose from, if you don’t know what you’re making yet.
And I might have saved the best for last. One of my favorites: Spicy Korean Grilled Chicken.
You can use bone-in, skin on chicken pieces like I have here or you can absolutely buy skinless, boneless chicken. If you do, I highly recommend chicken thigh meat. This marinade is one of my faves because it uses a Korean hot pepper paste, gochujang. I love a little heat with my meat. And if you buy boneless, skinless chicken meat, we like to make Bibimbap with the chicken. It’s a nice alternative to beef and absolutely delicious all mixed together with the seasoned veggies. So, if you don’t already have your menu planned for tomorrow, you need to check out this recipe!!!
- 2 small to medium yellow onions, coarsely chopped
- 4 to 5 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup gochujang (Korean hot pepper paste)
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon brown rice vinegar
- ¼ cup sesame oil
- 3 pounds bone-in, skin-on chicken pieces (I used drumsticks and chicken thighs; see Recipe Note)
- Combine the onions, garlic, soy sauce, gochujang, brown sugar, honey, rice vinegar, and sesame oil in a bowl and mix well. Place the chicken drumsticks and thighs into a large zip-top bag and pour the marinade in, making sure all of the chicken is covered. Seal the bag and lay it flat in a large, shallow pan or on a plate. Marinate the meat in the refrigerator for 6 to 8 hours or overnight, flipping once halfway through.
- For the rest of the instructions and to see the full recipe card, please visit The Kitchn. Link below.
Head on over to The Kitchn for this one. And if you like it, please PIN and leave me a comment over at The Kitchn!
And while you are enjoying the July 4th celebrations tomorrow, whatever you are doing. . going to a park, or picnic with family and friends or firing up the grill at home and watching fireworks close by, let’s all remember to give thanks for our freedom and wave that red, white and blue! Have a great 4th everyone!