Summer is in full swing and we are officially in “quick and easy” mode here at my house. The kids are out of school and I have to be smarter about how I plan our days, meal plan throughout the week and schedule our time. When my daughter is not attending summer camp, our days are filled with running errands, play dates, going to the library and going to the park. It’s busy to say the least. When I was single, I feel like busy meant hitting up the vending machine and eating fast food. But now, I’m smarter. I eat smarter. Even when we’re busy.
And when I’m busy, I still make time for my morning run because seriously, these are the times I feel I need the run the most. I try to maintain a healthy lifestyle by watching what I eat (but not denying myself), cutting down on meats and cutting down on the carbs. So, on the days where I want to eat lighter, I simply remove the top bun and eat an open faced veggie burger or remove the bun entirely and eat a lettuce burger.
Quick and easy doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice taste.
With 30+ products and over 600+ recipes, MorningStar Farms has more ways to eat smart. And with this Spicy Black Bean patty, I also cut it up and placed it into a salad and a soft taco. The possibilities are endless! And I’m telling you now, these Spicy Black Bean Burger patties are so good!!! My daughters each ate their entire Spicy Black Bean Burger patty! They loved it as much as I did! And with only 3-4 minutes in the microwave, it doesn’t get any easier than that.
I also tried the MorningStar Farms Buffalo Chik Patties and these were also delicious! With a good source of protein and great taste, I’ve already stocked up my freezer with a handful of these. MorningStar Farms makes it easy to eat smart, whether you go meatless every day, or occasionally. And initially I thought they only had veggie breakfast sausage patties! MorningStar Farms is always creating and introducing new products and flavors. Their products include Roasted Garlic & Quinoa Burger, Buffalo Chik Patties, Parmesan Garlic Wings, Mediterranean Chickpea Pizza and Baja Black Bean Pizza. So, mix it up on your next Meatless Monday and grab something from MorningStar Farms! You’ll be glad you did!
MorningStar Farms: Spicy Black Bean Burger
- 1 box 4 MorningStar Farms Spicy Black Bean Veggie Patties
- 4 buns toasted
- dijon mustard
- green leaf lettuce
- tomatoes; sliced
- micro greens
- raw zucchini thinly sliced
- red cabbage chopped or shredded
- Cook MorningStar Farms Spicy Black Bean Veggie Patties according to package instructions. Assemble burger: put mayonnaise and dijon mustard on the lower bun, top with the lettuce, tomatoes and the Spicy Black Bean Veggie patty. Top the patty with micro greens, zucchini slices and the red cabbage. Finish by placing on the top bun and enjoy!
Now for a giveaway! For a chance to win a $100 Visa gift card, leave a comment below to tell us how MorningStar Farms give you more ways to eat smart.
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 72 hours to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 7/7-8/10/2014.
Be sure to visit the MorningStar Farms brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!