Weeknight Italian Wedding Soup using delicious, oven baked Rosina Foods Italian Style Meatballs! Super easy and delicious, and such a huge time saver on a weeknight!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post in partnership with Rosina Foods.
October is here and that means cooler weather, warm blankets and comfort food! Now that my family and I are on the east coast, we are excited to see some great fall foliage here in Pennsylvania. We’ve gone apple picking and got our share of apple cider donuts and now I have a day trip to the Great Allegheny Passage planned so we can see some fall foliage. I can’t wait!
Fall is my favorite season and it might be because of the food. Soups, chili, pasta bakes and fall baking. It’s the best!
Weeknight Italian Wedding Soup
I don’t know about you but some nights, I have less time than others and need to get dinner on the table fast! Enter these absolutely delicious oven-baked Italian Style Meatballs from Rosina Foods! Rosina Foods uses a family recipe passed down from three generations. Their Italian Style Meatballs are made with simple ingredients and authentic, Italian spices.
Rosina meatballs are oven baked for a healthier choice, then sear-sealed to lock in taste. They freeze their meatballs at the peak of freshness so they are farm-to-table fresh when you’re ready to prepare them.
October Italian Heritage Month Contest: Win a $1,500 Gift Card
October is Italian Heritage Month! To celebrate, Rosina Foods is hosting a fabulous contest! You could win a $1,500 Williams-Sonoma gift card!! Entrants will need to create a Rosina or Celentano-inspired recipe to enter. Click here for the details. Good luck!
Weeknight Italian Wedding Soup
- 1 (12 oz.) bag Rosina Foods Italian Style Meatballs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil extra virgin
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 3 small carrots diced
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 (6 oz.) bags baby kale or baby spinach*
- Parmesan cheese freshly grated for garnish
- Fresh dill optional, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake the Rosina Foods Italian Style Meatballs according to package instructions. When finished, remove from oven and set aside. (While the meatballs are baking in the oven, proceed with the soup).
- For the soup: Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a heavy bottomed pot over medium high heat and add in the diced onions, celery and carrots. Sauté for about 5 to 6 minutes, or until softened. Add the garlic and the 1 cup of dry orzo stir together for just a few minutes.
- Pour in the chicken stock and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and turn down the heat to medium and let cook for about 7 minutes. Lower to a simmer and add in the baby kale and the cooked Rosina Foods Italian Style Meatballs. Mix together, turn off the heat and place the lid on for just a few minutes. Remove lid, stir, taste and season lightly with more salt and pepper if needed. Divide into bowls, garnish with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and some fresh dill and enjoy!