Grilled Pork Chops On A Stick with Fresh Pineapple Salsa! So good and delicious! Try something new to grill this summer!
July 4th is just a couple days away and I hope everyone is ready and excited! I always associate July 4th with grilling so I’m thrilled to bring you a fabulous new recipe today from Better Homes and Garden’s Delish Dish Blog, where I am guest posting today!!
We’re always grilling burgers, hot dogs and chicken but I like to mix things up a little so we tried these Lemon-Sage Pork Chops on a Stick! Oh my goodness you guys, these were so delicious! The marinade smelled heavenly so I knew these would taste fantastic! And not only are these grilled to perfection and so flavorful but I love that they are on a stick! How fun is that?!
These grilled pork chops with pineapple salsa are perfect for any July 4th party or gathering. Serve these with grilled vegetables and a salad and you’ve got yourself a terrific summer meal. My Grilled Cauliflower Steaks are another unexpected and delicious addition to any cookout!
You can also check out the Better Homes and Gardens’ Delish Dish Blog for this fantastic recipe! You don’t want to miss this one!! And you still have time to go to the grocery store so you can make these for the 4th! Wishing everyone a fun and safe July 4th holiday on Friday! Who’s going to be grilling?!
- 8 boneless pork loin chops, cut 1 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded lemon peel
- ¾ cup lemon juice
- ¾ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup finely chopped shallot (1 large)
- ⅓ cup coarse ground mustard
- ¼ cup snipped fresh sage
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons coarse ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- wooden skewers, dowels, or bamboo chopsticks*
- Snipped fresh sage (optional)
- Lemon wedges (optional)
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple (about ¼ of a pineapple)
- ½ cup chopped red sweet pepper (1 small)
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
- 1 fresh serrano or jalapeno chile pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lime peel
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Snipped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Place chops in a resealable plastic bag set in a shallow dish. For marinade, in a small bowl whisk together lemon peel, lemon juice, olive oil, shallot, mustard, ¼ cup sage, the garlic, pepper, and salt. Pour marinade over chops; seal bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for 4 to 6 hours, turning bag occasionally. Drain chops, discarding marinade. Insert a wooden chopstick into a short side of each chop.
- For a charcoal grill, grill chops on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 7 to 9 minutes or until chops are slightly pink in center and juices run clear (160 degrees F), turning once halfway through grilling. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place chops on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as directed.)
- If desired, sprinkle with additional fresh sage.
- In a medium bowl stir together pineapple, sweet pepper, red onion, the 2 tablespoons cilantro, the chile pepper, lime peel, and salt.
- Serve immediately or cover and chill for up to 24 hours. If desired, garnish with additional cilantro.
- Serve with the pork chops.