Pumpkin Banana Bread You Have To Try!!! Banana bread with a hint of pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves! This might become your favorite bread to bake in the fall! So delicious!
Last week was a whirlwind. I drove to Chicago (only 2.5 hours away) and was in my first ever real photoshoot. All the anticipation, drinking water non-stop to help my complexion, cutting down on the carbs, trying to get to bed earlier, practicing my smile craziness is over! Hallelujah!
And how did I celebrate? I went to town at a fabulous restaurant in Chicago and stuffed my face.
This was, of course, also the same week I baked like five different desserts and other things for the blog and could only take small pieces and bites here and there .. but there was one baked treat I could not resist.
This Pumpkin Banana Bread.
Oh my gawd you guys. I could not stop eating this bread. Have you guys had Pumpkin Banana Bread before? Here I was thinking I was creating something new that no one had ever tried before. It’s been done before. I know. I’m just glad I discovered this and created my own recipe in time for Fall baking and the holidays.
Freaking amazing and so delicious.
Pumpkin is one of my favorite things for Fall and I love banana bread so why not combine the two?
So what if I ate half of this loaf myself and made another one to take to my family over the weekend? This bread is definitely going to be a Choi family favorite this Fall. . you guys have to try this.
I hope you enjoy!
The Pumpkin Banana Bread You Have To Try
- ½ cup 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temp
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 2 very ripe bananas peeled and mashed (about 1 heaping cup)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ heaping cup blend of walnuts and pecans coarsely chopped (alternatively, you can just use walnuts or just use pecans)
- pumpkin seeds if desired
- mini chocolate chips if desired
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease (or spray) your (8x4 or 9x5) loaf pan, line with parchment paper and set aside.
- Using your stand mixer fitted with the flat beater attachment, combine the butter and sugar until well combined. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition and scraping the bowl as needed. Add the pumpkin, mashed bananas and vanilla extract and mix well at medium speed. In a separate medium sized mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and the ground cloves. Slowly pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients over low speed until well combined. Add in the walnut/pecans if using and mix well.
- Pour the mixture evenly into your prepared loaf pan and, if desired, sprinkle on some pumpkin seeds or mini chocolate chips over the top. Bake for about 60 to 75 minutes or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool for about 10 to 15 minutes before removing from loaf pan and slicing.
Adapted from LandOLakes.com
Recipe with mini chocolate chips!