Grilled Shrimp Tacos with grilled corn and a Spicy Mexican Crema sauce. Fresh, insanely flavorful and so easy to make!
Greetings from sunny California!! I’m here for the next couple of days with Best Food Facts. We’ll be touring a strawberry farm, a dairy farm, doing some food and wine tasting and learning lots! The weather here has been absolutely gorgeous and I am loving it.
I actually packed really early the day I was leaving and just threw a bunch of jeans and long sleeve shirts into my huge suitcase. If you travel with me, you will learn that I always overpack (clothes and shoes) and I will always have a big suitcase .. yes, even just for 3 days. I must have skipped that class that teaches you how to pack efficiently. I seriously don’t have that gene.
I’m the same way when it comes to entertaining. Whenever I host dinner parties or any type of gathering or party, I tend to go overboard with the food. I’ve always done this. This is my thing. I’d rather have too much food versus not enough (too many clothes versus not enough. . ah, you see a pattern here?)
Over Memorial Day weekend, we had some dear friends over (our best friends here in Madison, Joe and Rina and Rina’s mother, sister and nephew were in town). So, in true Memorial Day fashion, we grilled burgers, hot dogs, bratwursts, corn and . . shrimp skewers! We always grill but we rarely grill shrimp so it was so delicious. . I’ll definitely be grilling a lot more shrimp this summer!
I also made David’s Grilled Mexican Street Corn . . this is so good you guys!! You need to try this!! Anyway, the shrimp inspired these grilled shrimp tacos. . and I whipped up some more Spicy Mexican crema to top these.
These grilled shrimp tacos with Mexican crema were soooo good you guys!!! So, I hope you throw some shrimp and corn on the grill and give these tacos a try. If you like a little heat, you will love this crema! Here’s to more summer grilling!!
Looking for more grilling recipes? Check out these recipes from the blog to see you through the rest of the grilling season!
- Grilled Cauliflower Steaks
- Grilled Chicken Kebobs
- Grilled Pork Chops on a Stick with Pineapple Salsa
Grilled Shrimp Tacos with Spicy Mexican Crema
For the crema:
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup mexican crema or sour cream
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice + more if needed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro finely chopped + more for garnish
- 1/4 cup feta cheese + more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
For the tacos:
- 24 fresh shrimp peeled and tails removed*
- vegetable oil
- kosher salt
- 8 small flour tortillas warmed
- fresh romaine or green leaf lettuce shredded
- 3 to 4 grilled corn on the cobs with corn cut from the cob after grilling
- Special equipment: wooden skewers soaked in water or stainless steel skewers
For the crema:
- Using a small mixing bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, sour cream, lime juice, salt, cilantro, feta cheese and chipotle chili powder. Taste and adjust any ingredients according to your taste.
For the tacos:
- Fire up your grill. Thread about 6 shrimp (through top and tail, leaving shrimp curled), onto each skewer, without leaving space between shrimp. Brush shrimp with vegetable oil and sprinkle evenly with just a little salt.
- Grill shrimp skewers on one side and flip after 2 minutes and grill until pink, for about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from grill.
- To assemble the tacos: lay down your warmed flour tortilla, lay in some fresh shredded lettuce, top with about 3 grilled shrimp, sprinkle on the corn and top with the spicy Mexican crema, some more feta cheese and cilantro and feel free to squeeze a little more lime juice on before serving. Enjoy while warm!
Crema recipe from Spiced Blog.