Grilled Chicken Kebabs!! Made with Just BARE Organic Chicken breast fillets, these Grilled Chicken Kebabs are delicious and flavorful. Marinate the cubed chicken overnight, assemble your kebabs and throw them on the grill! The perfect summer meal!
When I was a kid, July 4th was one of my favorite holidays. I didn’t know what Independence Day meant, I was just in it for the fireworks. It’s funny, I never wanted to light a firecracker, or even get too close, but I just loved seeing the fireworks light up the evening sky.
I feel like fireworks shows have gotten so much more sophisticated as I have gotten older. Maybe it’s my memory or the fireworks themselves but all I know is that they are crazy cool now. You have some blasting into the sky, changing into a million different colors and spinning around. It’s breathtaking; especially if you are somewhere watching with hundreds of people around you. I just remember lighting little sparklers and running around in delight.
Next to the fireworks show, I’m all about the food.
I seem to be throwing veggies on the grill non-stop this summer and after picking up this chicken, these kababs had to happen.
Just BARE® Organic Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Fillets come from certified organic farmers in northern Indiana and southern Michigan. The chicken breast fillets are USDA certified organic and verified by the Midwest Organic Services Association – the country’s second-largest USDA-accredited organic certifier and the largest certifier of livestock and dairies.
This means that the chickens:
- Were raised organically on an organic farm no less than two days after hatch
- Were raised in accordance to established animal health and welfare standards
- Were fed certified 100% organic feed for their entire lives
- Were never, ever treated with antibiotics
- Were given access to the outdoors unless inclement weather, the animal’s stage of life or conditions could jeopardize the health, safety, or wellbeing of the chickens.
I’m not going to tell you to buy organic chicken. What I will say is that this was the most delicious and juicy chicken ever. The taste said it all. So, organic or not, it’s up to you and your family. Just BARE chicken has all kinds of great tasting chicken.
These kababs were a hit with my entire family! My kids loved these and gobbled up the chicken and zucchini. I’m the grilled bell pepper and eggplant lover in my family.
You can bet that these Grilled Chicken Kebabs are on the menu this year for the 4th. These were so easy to make and you can customize each kebab based on what people like.
Wishing everyone a very safe and happy July 4th! Let’s celebrate our nation’s independence!
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds Just BARE Organic Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Fillets, cubed
- 1 yellow onion, quartered and cut into cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, cubed
- 1 orange bell pepper, cubed
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cubed
- 1 small eggplant, cubed
- 1 (8 ounce) package cremini mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 zucchini, sliced into 1-inch rounds
- Special equipment: wooden or metal skewer sticks
- Using a small bowl, mix together the marinade ingredients and set aside. Place the chicken cubes into a large plastic zip top bag and pour just half of the marinade inside. (Reserve the remaining marinade for the kebabs). Seal the bag closed and lay flat in your refrigerator for at least 1 to 2 hours, or overnight.
- Remove chicken from the refrigerator and set out all of your cut veggies.
- Prepare kebabs by skewering alternating pieces of chicken and various veggies. Place the skewers into a large baking dish and pour the remaining marinade over the kebabs. Cover dish and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to one hour.
- When ready to cook, heat your outdoor grill to high. Place skewers on grill. Cook, using tongs to turn skewers occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through, for about 15 to 20 minutes.
If you’d like to make a chimichurri sauce for your grilled veggies or chicken kebabs, make this! I highly recommend!!!
- 2 cups firmly packed fresh flat-leaf parsley, trimmed with the stems cut off
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves (OR 2 teaspoons dried oregano)
- ¾ cup good quality olive oil + more if needed
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Combine ingredients from the parsley to the oregano in a food processor. Pulse and process until desired consistency is reached; usually several pulses. Place in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix and combine the olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Pour over the parsley mixture and mix together well. Taste and adjust any seasonings as needed.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post in partnership with Just BARE Chicken. All opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting me in working with the brands and products that we use and love.