Use up those leftover grilled veggies and make this absolutely delicious Grilled Veggie Pasta Salad!!
Hey guys! I’m so excited for this week! Not only is it a short week, July 4th holiday on Friday, but my husband is back! He was out of town all week last week, literally Monday through very late Friday night. I’m so glad he’s back.
My kids start to get restless when he’s gone for more than 3 days on business trips. With the “where’s daddy again?”, “when is he coming back?”. “I miss daddy.”, “you can’t help me with this, I want daddy to.” Anyway, it was a very long week for all of us, but alas everything is right with the world again.
Paul is now home.
Before he left, we did our usual weekend things and grilled on Saturday. I don’t know about you guys but we seem to have the grill going every weekend in the summer. . and the weeks leading up to July 4th, I feel like we are grilling at least once or twice a week. So, we grilled last Saturday and had so many leftover grilled veggies and I had no idea what I was going to do with them.
Until I saw this recipe.
What a great way to use up leftover grilled veggies OR just a fabulous, fresh pasta salad to make! I loved this Grilled Veggie Pasta Salad so much. . it was so delicious and flavorful (I just added some black olives) and this was my lunch and dinner for a couple of days! We’re definitely making this again. And, I’m telling you right now, you guys have to add this one to your Meatless Monday rotation or bring it to your next potluck or barbecue!
I hope you enjoy!
Grilled Veggie Pasta Salad
- vegetable oil for brushing
- 1 small zucchini halved lengthwise
- 1/2 red bell pepper stemmed, seeded, and quartered
- 1/2 orange bell pepper stemmed, seeded, and quartered
- 1/2 small red onion cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1/2 pound asparagus trimmed
- 4 cups cooked whole grain penne pasta
- 1/2 to 1 cup black olives chopped
- 1 to 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano chopped
- Lightly brush vegetables with the vegetable oil. Using a charcoal grill, place vegetables on the rack of the grill over medium-hot coals. Cover and grill for 3 to 5 minutes for asparagus, turning once, and about 10 minutes for the zucchini, bell peppers, and onion, turning once, or until vegetables are tender. Remove and cool slightly. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium-high. Add vegetables to grill rack and grill as above.)
- Cut vegetables into 1/2-inch pieces and toss with pasta and black olives in a large bowl. Add in the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and black pepper to pasta mixture; toss to coat. Taste and adjust any ingredients as needed. Top with fresh oregano and serve.
Recipe from BHG.com.
More pasta salads for summer!